Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to gadgetboyj

Premium Member

to gadgetboyj

Re: Symmetrical Speeds

Except it looks like that's the deal he signed up for 6 months ago (18 months remaining on a 2 year contract). If Verizon was going to refuse to honor the deal, they probably would have done it by now.
thepawn
join:2002-10-22
Clifton, NJ

thepawn to Onedollar

to Onedollar
Wow, I'd love to have that package, unfortunately once you've been a customer they're no longer as aggressive with their NYDMA pricing. I originally started at around that (I was $129) then I went to $179 off contract, renewed and now I'm paying $169.99 for 2yr on that same package.
m3nphls
join:2012-10-02
Brooklyn, NY

m3nphls to Onedollar

to Onedollar
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
What a headache this whole symmetrical upgrade has been. So I upgraded on July 20th. Today, finally they "fixed" their billing system I guess and I'm showing a different pricing under my services. I'll fight for this pricing with retention and hopefully here in the direct forums.

mig288
Premium Member
join:2002-07-13
Cherry Hill, NJ

mig288 to Grover8

Premium Member

to Grover8
Click for full size
I thought I had a great deal.. wow.. how did you get that pricing?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to Grover8

Premium Member

to Grover8
Jesus Grover!

So he's getting the same package I have - but WITH phone - for $70 / month less - AND it also includes HBO and Starz (which i'm paying $16 / month for).

Who do you know on the inside?

That's literally paying over $1000 less per year than me - and having home phone.

Yes - i'm bitter typing this.
Grover8
join:2012-01-06
Fresh Meadows, NY

Grover8

Click for full size

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

$100 in credits??? BRAVO Grover! I bow to you...
UofMiamiGrad
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Syosset, NY

UofMiamiGrad

Premium Member

said by SeattleMatt:

$100 in credits??? BRAVO Grover! I bow to you...

I second that, he is now the king on this forum when it comes to getting credits from VZ. Amazing!
selector
join:2007-08-18
USA

selector to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Wow - How do you get that many credits?
thepawn
join:2002-10-22
Clifton, NJ

thepawn to Onedollar

to Onedollar
He has won the internet.
rlstarry
Premium Member
join:2002-05-22
California

rlstarry to Grover8

Premium Member

to Grover8
Click for full size
I was thinking about upgrading but I don't want to risk losing my account credits. Not as good as Grover8 but I've yet to see anyone with similar credits. Guess I'll probably wait until my agreement is up before I pull the trigger on it.
TazExprez
join:2002-04-27
Yonkers, NY

TazExprez to Onedollar

to Onedollar
How did you guys manage to get so many credits?

Also, I would not mind switching my plan to a Double Play account. I would prefer to do Double Play with Vonage for phone service because I make many international calls and need to use calling cards.

I currently pay $164.99 for NYC area Ultimate HD, 150/35 Internet, and Phone. Any way to make it around that price with the $29.99 Vonage World Plus plan included?

houkouonchi
join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA

houkouonchi to Onedollar

to Onedollar
So when is someone going to show off their 500/500 speedtest? Unfortunately its not available to me so I can't get it or I would

chazwr
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Spring Lake, NJ

chazwr to Onedollar

Premium Member

to Onedollar
I had 15/5 and was happy to see 24/5 reliably. When it was switched to 15/15 I saw 15/15 but then decided to power cycle the actiontec. Now 24/15
RolteC
The Need for Speed
join:2001-05-20
New York, NY

RolteC to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi
I can get it on one of my accounts, but unless someone wants to pay for it, I can't be switching to that right now.. lol
pimentel2
join:2011-05-20
East Providence, RI

pimentel2 to Onedollar

to Onedollar
I was one of those with the 50/25 upgrade (from 35/35). Finally got the free speed upgrade yesterday.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 4531.png

Well, I guess that $10/mo is now justified with that upload. Now to find more ways to utilize it..
pappy97
join:2007-03-12
El Paso, TX

pappy97 to Onedollar

to Onedollar
Finally got the upgrade e-mail and this is the speed I'm getting, when I should be getting 75/75

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 3838.png

Is the reason I'm seeing 63.67 megabits up and not more because I'm on BPON? It looks like I'm getting the upload (with fluff) that the 50/50 guys are getting, not what I should get for 75/75 (you'll note I'm still getting download fluff). I have double play w/ phone.

nycnetwork
join:2000-11-12
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

nycnetwork to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi
said by houkouonchi:

So when is someone going to show off their 500/500 speedtest? Unfortunately its not available to me so I can't get it or I would

Here:

gadgetboyj
Premium Member
join:2009-08-25
Staten Island, NY

gadgetboyj to pappy97

Premium Member

to pappy97
said by pappy97:

Is the reason I'm seeing 63.67 megabits up and not more because I'm on BPON?

I'm on BPON as well and get about 84Mbps download and 87Mbps download
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to nycnetwork

to nycnetwork
said by nycnetwork:

said by houkouonchi:

Here:

Hire me wherever You work lol.

I cant afford 300$ mo just for net

SoCalDude
join:2008-07-30
Oxnard, CA

SoCalDude to nycnetwork

to nycnetwork
said by nycnetwork:

said by houkouonchi:

Here:

Nice, is that the highest the download goes? Seems to barely get any fluff.

nycnetwork
join:2000-11-12
Brooklyn, NY

nycnetwork to patt2k

to patt2k
I had it for a day to test it out and experience it, are you kidding me!? I still can't justify that price point, especially considering the fact that my AC router can only under ideal RF conditions keep up with those speeds. Barely.

If you're wired in and running a server I guess it could be useful.
Bytezboy
join:2001-05-17
New York, NY

Bytezboy to nycnetwork

to nycnetwork
said by nycnetwork:

said by houkouonchi:

Here:

If only I had a few neighbors to split the cost of that plan.
Raven313
join:2001-12-17
Washington, DC

1 recommendation

Raven313 to nycnetwork

to nycnetwork
said by nycnetwork:

said by houkouonchi:

Here:

So when is someone going to show a screenshot of their monthly charge with the 500/500 plan?
RolteC
The Need for Speed
join:2001-05-20
New York, NY

3 recommendations

RolteC to Onedollar

to Onedollar
Everyone still seems to forget the hidden bandwidth usage caps before Verizon sends out an email telling you to stop your abusive use. So splitting the higher services with more people to save money, but possibly abusing it, will probably still get your in trouble.

»LOL. VZ called me about my bandwidth usage. Gotta go Biz..

Also remember that after everything was tested for quite some time, not even a business connection saved anyone from these abuse phone calls/letters.

So unfortunately, these higher speed tiers really are of no use as they can't be utilized all the time without fear of what may happen.
RolteC

RolteC to Onedollar

to Onedollar
On a side note, looks like my non contract account was just upgraded:
Congratulations, as a My Rewards+ member you have received a free speed upgrade
Now it shows me having 75/75

On a bad note, if I want to drop speeds, it's $15/mo a month. Wow..
serge87
join:2009-11-29
New York

serge87 to RolteC

to RolteC
said by RolteC:

Everyone still seems to forget the hidden bandwidth usage caps before Verizon sends out an email telling you to stop your abusive use. So splitting the higher services with more people to save money, but possibly abusing it, will probably still get your in trouble.

»LOL. VZ called me about my bandwidth usage. Gotta go Biz..

Also remember that after everything was tested for quite some time, not even a business connection saved anyone from these abuse phone calls/letters.

So unfortunately, these higher speed tiers really are of no use as they can't be utilized all the time without fear of what may happen.

If you can keep it under 10-15TB/month you should be ok. However, houkouonchi did mention he was told to keep it under 2TB or something like that so your mileage may vary.
Grover8
join:2012-01-06
Fresh Meadows, NY

1 edit

Grover8 to Onedollar

to Onedollar
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
I think I have the best deal, no?
gadgetboyj
Premium Member