join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to gadgetboyj

MVM

to gadgetboyj

Re: Symmetrical Speeds

said by gadgetboyj:

good luck getting them to honor that!

VZ probably will honor it. Notice that a good chunk of that is HSI loyalty, meaning switching from copper "long time dsl" to fiber "don't worry we'll catch up later". At least one discount that applies was already in effect, so the HSI switch was made a while ago. More recent discounts were probably applied when a high-price triple-play contract was entered. They still apply when downgraded to lower tier services. At the end of the contract, they will fall off never to return. But for a while, it's a good ride.
Bytezboy
join:2001-05-17
New York, NY

1 edit

Bytezboy to Onedollar

to Onedollar
Having some issues with getting Verizon to fix the billing mess and reinstate all the discounts. I've been in touch with another rep who was very helpful, she will transfer me to elite team. Hopefully, they are able to sort it out or I'll have to file a complaint with the BBB.

Anyone run into similar issues? I don't know why it's so difficult to fix, it's not like it's just me but hundreds and possibly thousands of others as well. Why didn't I just wait for the upgrade to be added automatically? It is not worth the hassle.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

I went the BBB route ... worked out in the end, but you need to have everything documented with screen captures

shmee
join:2005-04-03
Phoenixville, PA

shmee to Bytezboy

to Bytezboy
said by Bytezboy:

Why didn't I just wait for the upgrade to be added automatically? It is not worth the hassle.

My upgrade happened automatically, and I'm still having billing issues. The "free" upgrade randomly took a $5 dollar credit off my account. I literally just renewed my contract in the middle of June. Then the "free" speed bump hit roughly a month later. Now I'm fighting with billing to get them to honor the $99.99/mo double play price they guaranteed me. I even have the first month's bill from them which clearly illustrates that I'm supposed to have $15/mo in credits as opposed to the $10/mo my account is now showing. It is utterly inconceivable to me as to how they could possibly argue with me, but they're giving me the run around.

I'd like to take a Big You-Know-What on the CEO of Big Red.
Bytezboy
New York, NY

Bytezboy to Onedollar

to Onedollar
The elite team said they will make sure that all my credits are reinstated. We'll see when the next bill is available.

Did you try talking to the elite team?
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k

After fixing my bill it shows now 69.99$ old rate was 74.99 but i only see the 69.99 rate in my bill nowhere else.

I guess i am ok with that.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Onedollar

Premium Member

to Onedollar
Click for full size
I got updated to 75/75. Here's my speed test.
BosstonesOwn
join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn

Glad you got upgraded... Im still not upgraded yet... Very crappy, but I guess ill wait it out.
killerbobjr
join:2005-10-20
Santa Monica, CA

killerbobjr to Onedollar

to Onedollar
Click for full size
I did nothing, took no action, and joined no programs. Got an email this evening about the free speed upgrade, and then tested my speeds.
batsona
Maryland
join:2004-04-17
Ellicott City, MD

batsona to Onedollar

to Onedollar
Just received the free upgrade on the 14th. --With no action on my part.

OLD--------------------------
Package: 50/25
Effective (with fluff): 60/40

NEW--------------------------
Package 50/50
Effective (with fluff): 60/60

gsuburban
join:2000-02-29
Glendora, CA

gsuburban

In Los Angeles, CA area, I have Fios 50/25. Once hearing of the changes I went to my Verizon account and signed up for the "rewards" junk and immediately, the speed package had changed. Speedtest.net shows 58/65 mbps now.

Not only that, Netflix streams 24x7 perfectly whereas it did not previously during peak viewing times.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by gsuburban:

In Los Angeles, CA area, I have Fios 50/25. Once hearing of the changes I went to my Verizon account and signed up for the "rewards" junk and immediately, the speed package had changed. Speedtest.net shows 58/65 mbps now.

Not only that, Netflix streams 24x7 perfectly whereas it did not previously during peak viewing times.

The Netflix improvement is because of a direct connection in the LA area that was activated about two week ago. See this thread on Netflix: »[Networking] 1st Proof of Verizon / Netflix Direct Peering????

shmee
Phoenixville, PA

shmee to Onedollar

to Onedollar
To all those who had the speed upgrade happen automatically, I implore you to keep a close eye on your bill when you get your next statement. My upgrade happened automatically, and when I got my next bill I was suddenly missing a $5/mo credit.

I'm still fighting with billing to get it reinstated.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
Palm Harbor, FL

1 recommendation

guppy_fish

Premium Member

I'm convinced none of these billing changes are "errors". Do the math, Verizon upgrades 6 million accounts, if less than 5 of every 6 complain, they make money, probably less than 1 in 100 would even notice ... that's like 25 million extra a month. There just printing money ...
Bytezboy
New York, NY

Bytezboy to Onedollar

to Onedollar
Yeah, they seem to do it deliberately. I'm surprised the FCC haven't scrutinized their billing practices yet.
Expand your moderator at work
tooch
join:2007-09-17
Jersey Shore

tooch to Onedollar

to Onedollar

Re: Symmetrical Speeds

Just got my upgraded speeds this afternoon in Bradley Beach, NJ. 50/50, getting 58/61 with the fluff from having the local channels package. I am not a rewards member.

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

2 recommendations

miataman to Bytezboy

Premium Member

to Bytezboy
said by Bytezboy:

Yeah, they seem to do it deliberately. I'm surprised the FCC haven't scrutinized their billing practices yet.

You're under the mistaken belief that the FCC works for YOU.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to guppy_fish

Premium Member

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

I'm convinced none of these billing changes are "errors". Do the math, Verizon upgrades 6 million accounts, if less than 5 of every 6 complain, they make money, probably less than 1 in 100 would even notice ... that's like 25 million extra a month. There just printing money ...

Way, way off base, I assure you.

shmee
Phoenixville, PA

shmee

said by dennismurphy:

said by guppy_fish:

Way, way off base, I assure you.

While I wouldn't go so far as to make the assumptions offered by guppy_fish, I gotta say... wtf Verizon? I've made three phone calls and sent an e-mail thus far (over the space of two weeks) and my issue is still unresolved. Every time I contact Verizon I'm assured that the issue is, in fact, being resolved and that I should simply check my statement online in the next 24 to 48 hours to be sure I see the credit re-instated.

I'm just getting the run around. I haven't gotten angry/nasty yet, and it really shouldn't have to come to that. I'm betting it will, though. Maybe I need to be recording these calls and see if I can get a viral video going on Youtube. It's working for Comcast customers.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
Palm Harbor, FL

1 edit

guppy_fish

Premium Member

Company's this large don't do anything without knowing the ROI. Its like the Comcast reps getting called out on refusing to allow cancellations, to find out that's there official training. Verizon is no different, its the new normal is what I should have written. ( I think Sirius/XM was the worst at this )

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to shmee

Premium Member

to shmee
Don't attribute to malice what can be explained by simple incompetence. It's not evil at work; just lack of coordination.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

1 recommendation

elefante72 to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
ALWAYS take screenshots, record chat, record phone.

It's SO easy to do and will save you headaches...

Mine too got messed up, but the folks in the direct forum here took care of it (plus some) and in a few days and the new bill is 100% spot accurate and easy to decipher.

No stress, thank you DSL Reports and Verizon direct team!

I'm not sure why vet DSLers don't use the direct forum.

BSAIII
join:2007-06-16
Las Vegas, NV

BSAIII

Perhaps we wish the company's regular reps could solve problems without resorting to a special section on a message board?
said by elefante72:

I'm not sure why vet DSLers don't use the direct forum.

Onedollar
join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA

Onedollar

A bit off topic, but for those who have an American express card, login where you pay your amex bill and sign up for amex rewards for $25 off $70+ fios bill x3. So for 3 months you can save total of $75. If your spouse has a card too, add in another 3x for another 3 months $75 saved.

1. Login to amex site
2. look for offers
3. sign up for fios offer $25 off 70 on fios bill
4. repeat for 3-6 months
6... Profit
chewypgh
join:2007-12-17
Pittsburgh, PA

chewypgh

I heard about this Amex offer last week. I've been checking my account every day since, but it still hasn't shown up for me.
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to Onedollar

to Onedollar
are you sure it's FiOS and NOT VerizonWireless?
dfwguy
join:2013-10-24

dfwguy to BSAIII

to BSAIII
said by BSAIII:

Perhaps we wish the company's regular reps could solve problems without resorting to a special section on a message board?

But hiring better people and giving them more training would cut into Verizon's profitability. Be glad the option exists at all, and you're not on Comcast or Charter or something where it's damn near impossible to reach anyone with a clue.

Onedollar
join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA

1 recommendation

Onedollar to jimboe

to jimboe
no its Verizon FIOS. YMMV on card holders, if you have multiple cards, check them all.

OFFER DETAILS
Enroll your eligible Card by 9/20/14 and pay your Verizon FiOS bill of $75+ at verizon.com/saveonfios by 2/28/15 and get $25 back. Limit 3 statement credits.

TERMS
Offer valid online only at verizon.com/saveonfios. Excludes Verizon Wireless. Offer valid only on Verizon FiOS purchases. Limit 3 statement credits per American Express online account. Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. In order to be eligible for the offer, you must enroll your Card by 9/20/14 and use that Card to pay your FiOS bill online by 2/28/15. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 2/28/15, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: BG1E:0001
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe

Thanks 1$!

This is great, I got it now!