Search similar:

uniqs

ETermin
@198.228.228.x

1 edit

ETermin

Anon

Apartment exclusivity

I am about to move into an apartment. I keep looking at the package regarding internet. I was told twice that I was only able to you their internet which is bloom.
Speed/prices

1.5Mbps/ $33 Month
3.0Mbps/ $38 Month
6.0Mbps/ $46 Month

I was curious if they could restrict access to the internet as such. Another time I was told by the same person that if I was to look at others it would have to be DSL. Which was later revoked saying I had to use bloom.

I REALLY want to know if I can use something else instead of what is offered and / or they are allowed to restrict access from all providers.
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

1 recommendation

aguen

Premium Member

Unfortunately you're screwed. The "apt. complex owners" control all access rights as far as what can be connected, or added to their property. If you've already signed the lease you're probably stuck with it until it expires.

I know you don't wanna hear this but NEVER move into any type of living arrangement where the services are provided directly by the management/owners.

Just in case somebody else comes along saying otherwise, I'll clarify my statement. I'm talking about internet access only... NOT TV service.

ETermin
@198.228.228.x

ETermin

Anon

Thanks for the response.. It is unfortunate however where I live nearly everything is managed by them for apartments until you go to the extremely high rent. Avg 500 to 600 for freedom to do what we want we have to look at 700 to 800. And my situation forces me to use their apartments so I was hoping I was not going to be locked into their bloom internet.
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

1 recommendation

aguen to ETermin

Premium Member

to ETermin
Well considering that you're posting "anon", we have no idea where you live, etc. so can't really get much info other than what you provide in order to maybe make alternative suggestions.