spc
uniqs

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra to xdrag

to xdrag

Re: [TekTalk] what a group of idiots

There's also another group out there that will refuse to deal with tier 1 and will do anything not to speak to them, even though tier 1 is the best person to solve their issues.
xdrag
join:2005-02-18
North York, ON

xdrag

said by Nitra:

There's also another group out there that will refuse to deal with tier 1 and will do anything not to speak to them, even though tier 1 is the best person to solve their issues.

nothing against Tier 1 support. Just that sometimes (in general sense - not TSI directed), it's the same script again and again. If the customer has already gone through it, the callback to re-do the whole thing is frustrating when they just need to need to talk to Tier 2. Multiple times of "reboot your modem, plug it into another jack, etc etc." can get old really fast.

A lot of problems can be solved through tier 1.

In the case of the OP, it seems like the agent is an innocent bystander of a bigger issue that has been asked to be escalated.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to Nitra

to Nitra
I know these people very well, as an escalation tech with Bell, im the guy that goes there and frequently bills them when it was something lvl 1 support can assist them with (or common sense could have sorted out on their own). Im talking modem moved from the dedicated and labeled internet jack, tv on the wrong input (yes, I know) or even the power bar turned off. The best i had was a modem completely unplugged and everything that the installation tech had done because "it's supposed to be wireless".

Luckily TSI is one of the best companies out these in screening these truck rolls. I wish we did the same with our own customers rather than letting them abuse our CSR's until they get their way. These are the people who instantly refuse to speak to level 1 support and why level 1 exists in the first place.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to xdrag

to xdrag
Sometimes the need to do all the troubleshooting again comes from a specific red cable vendor whom's numerous canned responses includes "please perform the troubleshooting again because it was invalid for reason (typically router hooked back after the initial call).