Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

Next Metrocast upgrade 75/20 ?

what ya think?
jcantara
join:2009-01-25
Tilton, NH

jcantara

75Mbps download is roughly in line with the ~1.5x increase year-over-year for download speeds, but 20Mbps upload is a pipe dream. We might be lucky to get 10Mbps, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 8Mbps. Metrocast is incredibly miserly with the upload speeds, even on their high price Ultra package.

I suppose we'll find out in December/January.
js111410
join:2011-05-26
Shavertown, PA

js111410

I hope they increase all speeds 1.5x. I'm already considering frontier because of price vs speed.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned) to jcantara

to jcantara
kinda hard to use cloud back-up with 5 up
jcantara
join:2009-01-25
Tilton, NH

jcantara

There's so many things that are just plain painful with 5 up. My wife uploads a lot of 1080p videos to YouTube. It takes so long, it's horrible. I had to change the scheduled time of my nightly cloud backup because sometimes it wouldn't even finish by normal daytime hours.

Asynchronous speeds make absolutely no sense. Doubly so now that there are monthly bandwidth limits that Metrocast can point at, should someone decide to ignore all of the cloud offerings and try hosting their own video streaming site or something.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

I have Millenicom 20GB plan that works on Verizon LTE which has 20GB up ...obliviously I'll burn through that in fast order