uniqs
roadkill401
join:2011-08-12
Oakville, ON

roadkill401 to TSI TNC

to TSI TNC

Re: [TekTalk] what a group of idiots

said by TSI TNC:

I apologize for the issues you've had with the service up to this point, and hope that we're able to turn this around for you. As you're already being assisted with it, I won't try to be one more hand in the cookie jar, but I did wish to point out for yourself, and any future customers who may see this thread, that we do in fact provide this documentation:

»help.teksavvy.com/hc/en- ··· am-HT502

If you actually read what I said in my post. "TekSavvy does not provide any manual with the unit. You simply provide a brown box with the unit sitting inside. You have to go searching on the internet to find the manual.

I don't know if you have ever gone looking for your documentation as a normal customer would? I will gladly paste screen shots into the forum to show how its not as obvious as you think.

Your home screen does not contain them. But it has a click for support. That takes you to another screen that now gives options for Teksavvy support, webmail, and forum. So click on support. Still not there... You now get to choose between Network Status, Accounting, Sales and Support. YES I want Support! Ah, there you go. So look under TekTalk, so what is the first item, HT502 Line 1 configuration. That by the way you cannot enter as you the hardware that is MANDITORY to buy from TekSavvy has a password on it that you WILL NOT GIVE to the customer.

You have the nerve to post on here then please answer the following questions:

1. Are you required to purchase the HT502 from TekSavvy to order the TekTalk service here in Ontario when you phone your sales department?

2. Does TekSavvy directly support configurations where either the Sagemcom or SmartRG vdsl modem/router have been configured into bridge mode so that the customer can use their own router to connect via PPPoe?

3. Does TekSavvy allow you to use your own VDSL modem to get the High Speed DSL 15/10, 25/10 or 50/10 without needing to purchase one from TekSavvy sales when placing an order for that service to be installed?

I very much would like to compare the answers that you give with the REALITY you get when trying to do any of the three questions given. It is all fine and sweet to say you don't need to buy the HT502 ATA and you can use your own. but it the sales rep when ordering will not allow you to even place the order without selling you a new one first then one party clearly does not know, or understand the company policy because both sides cannot be right.

TSI TNC
TSI TNC
Premium Member
join:2012-10-23
Chatham, ON

TSI TNC

Premium Member

said by roadkill401:

If you actually read what I said in my post. "TekSavvy does not provide any manual with the unit. You simply provide a brown box with the unit sitting inside. You have to go searching on the internet to find the manual.

From your original post, you indicated that we didn't provide it, and I was merely showing you, and future customers, were we do provide it. You are correct in your statement that we do not provide it with the unit, but that was not indicated in your original post. I apologize for misunderstanding your original intention.

I would be happy to help clarify the questions you have:
said by roadkill401:

1. Are you required to purchase the HT502 from TekSavvy to order the TekTalk service here in Ontario when you phone your sales department?

No, you can use your own hardware, however we do not provide support for 3rd party provided equipment. As per our order page when you get the service:

said by roadkill401:

2. Does TekSavvy directly support configurations where either the Sagemcom or SmartRG vdsl modem/router have been configured into bridge mode so that the customer can use their own router to connect via PPPoe?

Our agents are trained to help simplify customer networks in order to help isolate an issue. In this instance, we do place modem/router equipment into bridge mode to ensure the router is not interfering with the connection. If you have been told otherwise by an agent, I do apologize for that, and if you have call instances, I would be happy to look into them and provide coaching where necessary.
said by roadkill401:

3. Does TekSavvy allow you to use your own VDSL modem to get the High Speed DSL 15/10, 25/10 or 50/10 without needing to purchase one from TekSavvy sales when placing an order for that service to be installed?

Absolutely. As you can see in this thread: »[DSL] VDSL service - BYOM an option?
said by roadkill401:

I very much would like to compare the answers that you give with the REALITY you get when trying to do any of the three questions given. It is all fine and sweet to say you don't need to buy the HT502 ATA and you can use your own. but it the sales rep when ordering will not allow you to even place the order without selling you a new one first then one party clearly does not know, or understand the company policy because both sides cannot be right.

I apologize if this is the experience you had when placing your order. If you haven't already opened a direct thread, please do so and I will ensure we look into this to provide coaching if needed. I do appreciate your feedback, as we always look for opportunities to improve the service we provide to you.

Have a good day!
roadkill401
join:2011-08-12
Oakville, ON

roadkill401

said by TSI TNC:

said by roadkill401:

Absolutely. As you can see in this thread: »[DSL] VDSL service - BYOM an option?

I apologize if this is the experience you had when placing your order. If you haven't already opened a direct thread, please do so and I will ensure we look into this to provide coaching if needed. I do appreciate your feedback, as we always look for opportunities to improve the service we provide to you.

OK. Please PM me with your contact information so that I can call you directly to arrange to get the $130 + 10 shipping + tax refund for the modem that I was forced by your sales department to purchase when I phoned them to order the service I have.

Funny thing was when i called the sales department at your Chatham, Ontario office, they refuted what was posted on the DSLreports thread you linked to and told me point blank that you CANNOT ORDER THE SERIVCE WITHOUT BUYING THE MODEM FROM US.

It is great to say here it is fine, but unless the people at the sales office let you, it is rather a moot point saying otherwise.

TSI TNC
TSI TNC
Premium Member
join:2012-10-23
Chatham, ON

1 edit

TSI TNC

Premium Member

said by roadkill401:

said by TSI TNC:

said by roadkill401:

OK. Please PM me with your contact information so that I can call you directly to arrange to get the $130 + 10 shipping + tax refund for the modem that I was forced by your sales department to purchase when I phoned them to order the service I have.

Funny thing was when i called the sales department at your Chatham, Ontario office, they refuted what was posted on the DSLreports thread you linked to and told me point blank that you CANNOT ORDER THE SERIVCE WITHOUT BUYING THE MODEM FROM US.

It is great to say here it is fine, but unless the people at the sales office let you, it is rather a moot point saying otherwise.

Hello Roadkill401,

Unfortunately in this instance you would not be able to get a refund on this modem, as it was purchased in September 2013. The Bring-Your-Own-Modem change to the service happened in November 2013. So at the time you ordered your services, you were indeed required to purchase the Sagemcom modem as per our vendor. I apologize for the confusion and hope this clarifies the issue.

-edit-

Also, the SmartRG modem that purchased should also have come with a return label for the Sagemcom. Once you return that modem you will receive a refund for the Sagemcom, so that you aren't being charged for two modems. If you would still wish to use your own modem at this point, you can return both modems and we can refund them both for you.

Regards,