exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

[LA] Cox Home Office plan

My rep in Baton Rouge said that Cox nixed the Home Office plan when I referred a friend to him. Is this true? If so, how does this effect current Home Office customers?
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

if you have a rep why not ask them?

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

I did. I was told it was nixed (see opening line). Wanted to see if anybody else heard of this and how it was going to effect them.

Shrapnel64
Premium Member
join:2001-01-24
VA, USA

Shrapnel64 to exocet_cm

Premium Member

to exocet_cm
While I don't have a definitive answer for you (I'm not a Cox Employee), I was able to type in my residential address and see that "Cox Business Internet" is still available for the "Residential" category.

In the past, the packages were labeled "Cox Business Internet Home Office Preferred" and "Cox Business Internet Home Office Premier" -- Cox may have ditched the names and combined them into one "brand", also known as Cox Business Internet.

It seems like Cox is trying to push the 30Mbps/10Mbps plan hard. I have received a few notices saying for "only" $30 more per month I can upgrade from 15/5 to 30/10.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

Could it have something to do with Cox Resi pushing a bit more on caps and so more people are jumping over to Cox Business for the unlimited caps? You would think they would welcome that..but maybe they see the chance for a larger profit margin?

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

said by Hard Harry7:

Could it have something to do with Cox Resi pushing a bit more on caps and so more people are jumping over to Cox Business for the unlimited caps? You would think they would welcome that..but maybe they see the chance for a larger profit margin?

I was wondering if this was it. "Let's get small office so we aren't capped" kinda idea.