IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Installation of built in Sirius

I'm thinking of installing the built in Sirius unit (the latest unit) and my question is does it draw it's power off the car stereo or do I need a separate power supply.
RyC
join:2007-08-18
San Luis Obispo, CA

RyC

The SXV200? It connects using a single connector to the radio, and it provides power.
ImpetusEra
Premium Member
join:2004-05-19

ImpetusEra to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
»lmgtfy.com/?q=sirius+sxv ··· tion&l=1

Power Requirements: 12V DC, 0.3A (Max) supplied by SiriusXM-Ready car stereo receiver

It's all there with a diagram.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

And another question, does the XM network have better audio quality than the Sirius. As for programming, are they the same. I have Sirius right now.
RyC
join:2007-08-18
San Luis Obispo, CA

RyC

Some will say XM has better sound, including me. But it's pretty subjective.
ImpetusEra
Premium Member
join:2004-05-19

ImpetusEra to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
They merged back in 2011 so I'm fairly sure you subscribe to SiriusXM and therefore same channels on either radio type dependent on the subscription level. The sound quality of satellite is horrible, worse than FM. The only reason in my opinion to subscribe is the talk/entertainment channels or you drive vast distances and don't want to channel hunt or live in rural area with limited local stations. Where internet connection is available Slacker radio is far superior for music. I'd never pay more than $100 total for all access subscription, call every renewal and haggle with retention.