spc
uniqs

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7 to Termites

to Termites

Re: [AZ] cox cable internet

Google is a not for profit ISP. You're comparing apples to oranges, and you're not even using proper grammar. Plus it's a rant that has nothing to do with OP. If you dislike Cox so much, then leave. Go to Google, please!
Maltz
join:2011-01-08
Fayetteville, AR
Calix 844G
Netgate SG-2100
Ubiquiti U6-LR

Maltz

said by Hard Harry7:

Google is a not for profit ISP.

I've heard that before, but I've never been able to find where Google has said that their ISP business is not for profit. Citation needed?

I assume, like everything Google, that it's subsidized by data mining you, so it's still apples and oranges comparing it to Cox, but where have they said they don't intend to make money off of this venture?
jimc115
join:2007-07-21
Surprise, AZ

jimc115 to Hard Harry7

to Hard Harry7
Google is most certainly a FOR PROFIT ISP.

ikyuaoki
join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS

ikyuaoki to Hard Harry7

to Hard Harry7
I'll leave the greed ISP off to the Canada to have my own private 1Gbits line over fiber optical with no data caps someday.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7 to Maltz

to Maltz
said by Maltz:

Citation needed?

Citation needed? They give free internet away. If its free...how can it generate profit?
Maltz
join:2011-01-08
Fayetteville, AR
Calix 844G
Netgate SG-2100
Ubiquiti U6-LR

Maltz

said by Hard Harry7:

said by Maltz:

Citation needed?

Citation needed? They give free internet away. If its free...how can it generate profit?

Even if they don't charge you anything, they at least have costs involved in providing the service they have to recoup somehow - just like Facebook. Facebook doesn't charge any users anything, but they data mine your content and your activity to sell targeted advertising, and they make billions doing it. Google makes money the same way with their "free" services such as Mail, Talk, Maps, and of course internet searches. I'm unaware of any reason their ISP services would be any different.