spc
uniqs
ITGeeks
join:2014-04-20
Cleveland, OH

ITGeeks to 78036364

to 78036364

Re: I don't believe...

Call up the content company and tell them that, or better yet- CBAND still gives you the option to pay for what you want. And yes, they are STILL around.

WhyADuck
Premium Member
join:2003-03-05

WhyADuck

Premium Member

I believe you are mistaken about C-Band, but if not you should post the details. I'm aware of what you're referring to, since at one time you could have a big C-band dish and order specific channels ala carte through a national subscription service of some kind. But I was under the impression that those channels went away when everything went to high-definition digital, because the older analog receivers with the VideoCipher cards would no longer receive those signals. And to the best of my knowledge, there's nothing up there in analog anymore, except maybe one or two of the religious channels that no one in their right mind would watch (essentially loops of old analog content that probably hasn't been updated since 1995).

If there were any way to purchase high-def cable channels ala carte, I'm sure that would be mentioned from time to time in the various satellite forums. I realize that the moderators of some of those forums (none of which are in any way affiliated with this site, thankfully) are at times extremely anal about what they allow to be posted in their little online dictatorships, but still I can't believe they would all ban any mention whatsoever of such a service. But if you have evidence to the contrary, please feel free to post it.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to ITGeeks

to ITGeeks
If I remember correctly there isn't a true HD option for 4DTV and you need at least a 7.5 foot dish which is not feasible in many places.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to ITGeeks

Premium Member

to ITGeeks
said by ITGeeks:

Call up the content company and tell them that, or better yet- CBAND still gives you the option to pay for what you want. And yes, they are STILL around.

ah yes, they are, and they charge $159.99/yr for sports. »www.skyvision.com/progra ··· l#sports and they only have a handful of a la carte channels, ($6/mo for crapfy? really?) »www.skyvision.com/progra ··· rte.html