signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

XBOX 360: Questions.

My BIL decided to get my 13 year old nephew a XBOX 360. I warned him about the RROD, though I admitted I didn't know if that is still a problem. I advocated for a XBONE for my nephew, they could afford it, but I've been curious about the RROD issue, is that still a problem with them?

What things does the XBONE offer that the 360 doesn't and vice versa?

I'm constantly advocating for my nephew to be able to get the cool gaming gear, though I also chide him for spending too much time gaming, I tell him it's all about a balance in life.

I couldn't afford to get him anything for his birthday, but hope to later on, what 20 dollar thingy should a 360 owner get from his cool uncle?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by signmeuptoo94:

What things does the XBONE offer that the 360 doesn't and vice versa?

See also: »Xbox One vs. PS4 (Need help figuring out what to buy) if you haven't already.

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6 to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
RROD is effectively no longer an issue with the newer model 360, also known as the 360 S. In this picture, the newer model is the one on the right. There is also a third, more recent revision called the Xbox 360 E. I know essentially nothing about that one.

Looking for something Xbox-related to get him for about $20? How about an Xbox gift card? He can use it to buy games and DLC from the Xbox Live Marketplace.

The Xbox One is basically Microsoft's next generation console; it's got a Blu-ray drive, supports more graphics-intensive games than the 360, and has integrated TV and social functionality. The 360, however, is a better consumer of digital video, music and such, as it can be easily streamed from a Windows PC or a DLNA server on your network. The Xbox One isn't capable of much of this. Yet, anyway.

I imagine there won't be many more games made for the 360 after the end of next year.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by banditws6:

I imagine there won't be many more games made for the 360 after the end of next year.

Probably true, but MS says they will continue to support the 360 until 2016.

»consumerist.com/2013/09/ ··· box-360/

And as of right now, the 360 has a HUGE library of games, whereas the One has next to none. So if the kid is looking for quality and quantity, the 360 is still the way to go. That will change in the future of course, and he won't get all the new and shiny upcoming games that don't release for the 360.

I like the idea of the $20 xbox card. Also there are a ton of good 360 games that you should be able to buy used in Gamestop for around that amount.