Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jgordon7
Tank

join:2000-04-21
Centreville, VA

[Rant] Issues with getting the Triple Play HD Preferred Plus packaged

So about a month ago I contacted Comcast because I stopped receiving some cable channels that I used to get. NatGEO, SCIence, etc. Comcast rep poorly explained that they recently restructured the lineups and my plan no longer included those. Honestly I was not surprised I have had this plan for 10 years and Comcast has been horrible about maintaining older plans. Comcast rep did try to sell me on a new plan Triple Play HD Preferred Plus which included all the channels I wanted and the HSI I currently had plus HBO and telephone for about $14 less per month. I said if I can get that plan without paying an installation and since I did not really want telephone I said I did not need a Comcast modem (Already have my own SB6121). She said no problem. Awesome happy with comcast. Within minutes had all my channels.

This weekend I stopped receiving the channels again! And yesterday my Comcast bill came in with my old plan and price! So I call Comcast up today and the rep said he sees that for some reason my change of service got kicked out. He said he will reapply it. Then said he will have to charge me $50 for installation. I argued that the previous sales person waived that fee since I did not need an installation. He spent 10 minutes talking to his supervisor and comes back and not only says I can not get the installation waived but that I can not even get the price that I was quoted a month ago because that plan was not valid! But he had the exact same plan for $15 more per month plus installation. At this point I about lost it. He spent another 10 minutes talking on the phone to his manager and came back saying he can approve the original plan price but still needed to charge $50 for installation. I said no again, he went to manager for 10 more minutes comes back with $19 installation price. At this point I was beaten done and said fine. Then he wanted to schedule the installation! Install what I asked, he said the modem since my does not support Telephone. I said I do not need the modem because I really do not want telephone but this plan has a better price than the non Triple play plans. He would not budge on requiring the modem with this plan! At this point I was out of time and told him to not touch my account, leave it as it is. I will call back when I have more time to cancel and switch to FIOS.

Sorry for the wall of text, just can not get over this. First I was very happy with Comcast, but wow can they turn a happy customer into a very pissed off customer in minutes. It almost feels illegal.

Acct101
Premium
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

I would hang up the phone can call back until you get the rep that gives you an answer you like. It seems to work sometimes.

anonafish

@98.231.176.x
reply to jgordon7

I have the HD Preferred Plus XF Includes Digital Preferred with Starz, HBO, Streampix, HD Technology Fee, Internet Service and XFINITY Voice Unlimited

it includes the 105/10 internet for me as well...I pay $89.99 a month..plus anyroom dvr and companion box fees

I never use the phone...but the only reason I took the deal is b/c they waived the monthly modem fee needed for the voice portion

Call back and ask for retention...they should take care of you.

jgordon7
Tank

Centreville, VA
reply to jgordon7

Thanks guys. Going to call tomorrow and hope to get a better rep. Probably have to threaten to cancel.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA
reply to jgordon7

Amazing. I just got off the phone with them about 40 minutes ago with the exact scenario. I don't know what to do. My present promotion expires on 8-24 and the monthly price will go up a lot after that. So I am gonna wait till a few days before the 24th. and see what they can do then. If it is too high still, then its back to Direct TV for sure.
--
Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry,
and all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be.

Acct101
Premium
Bensalem, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
·T-Mobile US

This is interesting, my promotion is up next month so I am going to be faced with the same problem.

Can you let us know what happens?

If might just be they can't do anything until it expires. I know I am seriously considering FIOS and called them for a deal and they basically said, "good luck and bye!

Acct101
Premium
Bensalem, PA
reply to jgordon7

Please let us know what happens.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
Louisa, VA
reply to jgordon7

I forgot to mention. I was told on the phone that I was getting (at least 20+) extra channels by "error"....and yet you were told you it was due to a restructure of their lineup.
I have had this "error" for about 10 years also.

Wonder which story (if any) is true. Comcast cant even get their facts/stories right.

It's starting to sound to me like they changed their lineup/contracts with everyone.
Like I said, I have had these channels for 10 if not more years, and they took a good chunk of them away from me before my year promotion was up.

If I cant get my channels back at a reasonable price, then I can guarantee I will get rid of their cable TV service and stick with internet only.

And another thing.
They told me I would have to have a tech come out for an install of their modem. BUT will be sending me the modem via UPS or FedX for a one time charge of $12.95. Ummm why cant the tech bring it?
And to top it off I had to remind her I don't need their modem since I have no intention of using their phone service. I don't need their tech here either for that matter.

They are really getting on my nerves again.
--

jgordon7
Tank

Centreville, VA

For a minute I thought I was going crazy about loosing the channels that I had been getting for years. Also anyone else find it odd that their packages online say 230 channels but no link to list the channels. One package says 230 and the other 260 but what are the 30 channels difference?
Many years ago I noticed I lost the Military History channel, when I called and asked about what happened to it they said it was restructured into another package. I asked about the package that would be needed and it was a SPORTS package which was fairly expensive if you have no interest in the sports channels and just want the Military History channel.

jgordon7
Tank

Centreville, VA
reply to jgordon7

Okay so just got off the phone with a new Comcast Rep. She got me my original quoted price for HD Triple Play Preferred Plus. She also said I do not need the install or modem if I do not want to use the voice.

Now the question I have is will it really stick! I just checked my services on the support page and they are vague about what I have, ie no indication of which exact plan. It could be that has not been updated yet.

Other thing is I need to get another cable card since they started encrypting locals and my HDHomeRun no longer will function . I have an HDHomerun Prime but need more than 3 tuners before fall, the HDHomerun for locals only plus the Prime for all others was perfect, however I do need more than 3 tuners for fall shows plus football.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
Louisa, VA

Well that is good news. I think I will wait till 8-24 and see if they can do any better than what the price will be once my promotion is over...and get the channels back that they took.
--

jgordon7
Tank

Centreville, VA
reply to jgordon7

Well back on the phone with Comcast. The early rep apparently did nothing. I get home still not subscribed to the channels. Called comcast new rep says nothing on my account says I should have that plan.

ugh...

Now the rep is saying the issue is with my cablecard. What does my cablecard have to do with my account not having the right package.

mike31US

join:2013-08-15
Auburn, WA
reply to anonafish

Nice deal you have there. I pay TWICE that amount for the same package and only 50/10 internet.

jgordon7
Tank

Centreville, VA
reply to jgordon7

Still on the phone...

They tried jacking the price of the plan up again. Why do they keep doing that. It is even a price listed on their site.

jgordon7
Tank

Centreville, VA
reply to jgordon7

Just finished the call the rep. said I he applied the package to my account. I seriously doubt it though. This particularly rep had the worst english of anyone I have spoken with yet.

Still not getting the channels and after an hour on the phone I give up for the night. Looking at the account online I think they have royally screwed it up. It now shows me having a cable box which I do not have I have a cablecard.

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA

Have you tried posting to the Comcast Direct forum? Clearly your current approach is not working... I've had good luck over there.

jgordon7
Tank

Centreville, VA

I posted in Comcast Direct lastnight. No word back yet.
Current status is that I now see TV and Voice in "My Services" however they are marked as "awaiting activiation" ?

sgc

join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL
reply to anonafish

said by anonafish :

I have the HD Preferred Plus XF Includes Digital Preferred with Starz, HBO, Streampix, HD Technology Fee, Internet Service and XFINITY Voice Unlimited

it includes the 105/10 internet for me as well...I pay $89.99 a month..plus anyroom dvr and companion box fees

How did you get it for $89.99? They won't even give it to me for $139.99... even at retentions.

anonafish

@98.231.176.x

I don't remember, honestly...My bills comes out to around $140 with 3 boxes, anyroom dvr fees, and taxes

sgc

Naperville, IL

I have 4 boxes (2 DVRs), and my total monthly bill came to $213 when I was on the $139.99 promo. Now it's like $240

Acct101
Premium
Bensalem, PA

Your bill is very high if you have HD Preferred Plus.
I am paying $162 a month with this plan and 105/12 internet, and XI DVR and two X1 boxes.

If you have competition in your area, price shop.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

4 edits
reply to jgordon7

The 19.95 is the price for a self install of a emta. Its getting sent to you. Without a emta on the account your promo will keep getting kicked back. The price they quoted you includes the emta. When you get it simply plug it in activate it and remove and throw in the closet. Without a emta it will keep getting kicked back. If you really dont want the emta you can try activating and than returning the emta to your local office. The promo may or may not be kicked back on a audit in that scenario. Bottom line is you are not supposed to have a promo that includes the phone service and NOT have a emta listed on the account. The 50 dollars was for a tech to come out and install it. The 19.95 is for a self install with modem mailed to you. The csr that said you didnt need a emta for a phone service promo was mistaken. The price quoted would include the emta rental. Absent following thru with activation your plan will keep reverting.

Just a guess but im guessing you will also be receiving a shiny new cable box in the mail. FWIW, you will want to return that. While the price quoted will also include that. It isnt going to include that and your cable card. Good luck on getting your cable card re added with proper channels. Thats going to require a pretty dam good csr. Not sure it will even happen with all going on with your account. Activate the shit and go from there.

sgc

Naperville, IL
reply to Acct101

I have phone as well. I am happy to get rid of phone, but they don't offer Preferred Plus as a double play anymore. My one year promo price expired, but Retentions says the computers will not allow them to put customers back to new customer prices unless they have been off their promo prices for 60 days, which is stupid. They are forcing customers out because there's no way I can pay $240 a month for my service. I'm more or less okay paying about $200-210 for the amount of services I receive, but can't and won't pay more.

Expand your moderator at work

jgordon7
Tank

Centreville, VA
reply to jgordon7

Re: [Rant] Issues with getting the Triple Play HD Preferred Plus packaged

Back on topic.

I posted a question to the Comcast Direct on 7/23. I guess response time in that forum is extremely slow? Is that normal?

Acct101
Premium
Bensalem, PA
reply to sgc

Wow, $200 is only good if you are getting all the channels.

mogamer

join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI
reply to anonafish

said by anonafish :

I never use the phone...but the only reason I took the deal is b/c they waived the monthly modem fee needed for the voice portion

Call back and ask for retention...they should take care of you.

Wow, that's even better pricing than what I have. I have the same package, except I have 105/20 internet and the base price is $99.99. After two cable cards, modem fee and other extra fees/taxes, I'm paying $110.49. Which I still feel is a great price for what I'm receiving. Hell, I was paying $81 just for tv with Dish a couple of years ago.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to jgordon7

No its not normal at all. I was thinking someone was on vacation. I dont know anymore. Doesnt matter tho, its isnt going to change what i said. They have to have the ability to give you phone or you will be one of them here in a year or two saying comcast has been charging me for phone service and not even capable to supply it. Did you get the modem in the mail yet?

jgordon7
Tank

Centreville, VA

Nope have not gotten a modem in the mail yet.