uniqs
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

4K awareness.

The recession is still ongoing. A small percentage of people are considering the purchase of a better HDTV. Better may mean going from 720p to 1080p. It may mean getting a larger 1080p TV. It may mean getting a smart TV in 1080p to replace or supplement a non-smart HDTV. Some people may be spending money to cancel cable pay TV service and install OTA antennas. Some people may be spending money to get and use a higher data transfer internet service in order to cancel pay TV and go internet/OTA only. I know some who want to get a 70 inch or 80 inch 1080p HDTV as a step up from a 55 inch 1080p TV set. Some who have a 55 inch 1080p HDTV have said they do not want to step down to a 42 inch 4K UHDTV. They are content to wait for larger UHDTVs.

I see 4K as doing much better than 3D. 3D needed the expensive and easily broken glasses. 3D required sitting in a certain area in front of the TV set. 3D was not good for large group entertaining, such as a Super Bowl party. 4K can provide an improved visual experience while retaining the same wide viewing angles as the good HDTVs of today. The LCD UHDTVs I have seen look as good as some of the best DLP front projector viewing experiences I have had.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

I'd love to see some evidence that the recession is still ongoing. I don't see it from where I'm sitting.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

Here in Georgia we are not doing well. Lagging the national average growth rate by a significant amount. Glad to hear my old stomping ground of metropolitan Chicago is doing well. I used to walk from Skokie thru Evanston to visit Lake Michigan.

If University of Georgia football were to be broadcast in 4K, that might generate some significant UHDTV sales.

whatanoitall
@98.206.224.x

whatanoitall to ArrayList

Anon

to ArrayList
Wow, talk about out of touch!