spc
uniqs

Caladus
join:2009-07-01
Beaverton, OR

3 recommendations

Caladus

I win?

Still on unlimited. 4G Unlimited even. There are simply too many options for buying phones outside of the usual channels. Not that I'd mind paying full retail but there are also tricks that consumers can use to keep unlimited and still have a subsidized phone too.

Most people, however, don't have the will or the patience to actually fight for their unlimited data.

If Verizon eventually just gets rid of my unlimited I'm going to another carrier that still has unlimited. And I'll never look back.

Kramer
Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA

Kramer

Mod

said by Caladus:

Most people, however, don't have the will or the patience to actually fight for their unlimited data.

You forgot dumb luck. I got my first 4G subsidized phone almost 3 years ago and maintained unlimited with that one. Can't remember why or how. I switched to an Edge phone about a year ago using another phone's unlimited upgrade. The phone I traded contracts with ended up with 6GB for the 2GB price and I remained unlimited. It wasn't intentional, but that's what happened. I eventually bought a Moto-X full price at about $300 to upgrade that account, which still has 6GB last time I checked. The other two smartphones on the plan have been downgraded to 2GB, but Verizon can probably kiss that money goodbye, since they are my kid's phones who will be shortly paying for them themselves. I suspect with limited means, they may be finding a more reasonable plan from another company.

Caladus
join:2009-07-01
Beaverton, OR

Caladus

Sometimes whomever the account service person is probably just lets unlimited slide for some people if they can do so without being noticed. I certainly would.

Kramer
Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA

Kramer

Mod

Don't think that was the case here. What happens as best as I can figure is when you use an upgrade from another phone, that phone looses the unlimited and you maintain it. I used a kid's upgrade for the first 4G upgrade and my wife's for the second. Because I went to an Edge plan, my wife's phone got downgraded to 6GB, but switched over her unlimited plan to me. I noticed today, they have the wrong phone on Edge in their records. Probably not going to correct that until I have to which may be never since I really like my phone 1 year later. In any event, I have run out of unlimited plans to transfer to myself. Next time, it goes away.

panthergm
@174.23.142.x

panthergm to Caladus

Anon

to Caladus
I agree. I still have mine. Upgraded to the Nokia Lumia Icon last summer. I was on a 928 before that. Still have Unlimited data and 4G LTE.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612 to Caladus

MVM

to Caladus
Let's not give Verizon any ideas :3

Right now I'm on an unlimited plan with Verizon. My usage requires an unlimited data plan, as even the agents at the stores are pretty amazed at how widely varied my usage is from one month to another. The moment the day comes where unlimited goes bye bye, the same happens with the smartphone. My 2G phone would be more than happy to have my number back on it.

Tiny pp
@108.183.79.x

Tiny pp to Caladus

Anon

to Caladus
Yes u do win. I am in the same shoes and will do the same thing if verizon gets rid of my unlimited. I dnt have time to deal with money hungry faggots like verizon. They are trying to get rid of unlimited data customers also by slowing the connection down of those who use the most data.

IHateVerizon
@74.96.144.x

IHateVerizon to Caladus

Anon

to Caladus
I'm still on an unlimited plan. The price of new phones could possibly be a collusive trick as well. Why would a phone cost $500+? Really?
hubrisnxs
join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA

hubrisnxs to Caladus

to Caladus
+1