Search similar:

uniqs
wideglide36
join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA

wideglide36

F9 issues?

Hi,

Is anyone else having problems accessing the F9 web site, and or, their account at F9?

Since this morning I can't access either one.

Tried two different browsers with the same results.

No, I didn't do any diagnostics, just curious if anyone else is seeing this issue?

Thanks...
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

nitzan

Premium Member

The website is indeed down - we're looking into it right now. This shouldn't affect phone service for most users, but we'll bring up the website as soon as we can.
wideglide36
join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA

wideglide36

said by nitzan:

The website is indeed down - we're looking into it right now. This shouldn't affect phone service for most users, but we'll bring up the website as soon as we can.

Thanks nitzan.

VexorgTR
join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH

VexorgTR to wideglide36

to wideglide36
Ok... it's off topic, but someone said "Website Is Down"..... the funniest web series for tech admins....

»www.thewebsiteisdown.com
Pufferty
Perpetual Newbie
join:2014-07-07
Rockville, MD

Pufferty to nitzan

to nitzan
said by nitzan:

I love it when I see an actively involved owner.

Ruamn
@76.97.160.x

Ruamn to nitzan

Anon

to nitzan
The website and our forwarding phone number which we use for business is down, since atleast 9:30AM EST.

We have an email into support@future-nine.com (no reply yet), but any ETA on when the number will be up will be greatly appreciated.

Thx!
rg814
join:2014-07-23

rg814 to nitzan

to nitzan
Our forwarding phone number has been down since 9:30 or so EST. This is a huge deal for us. Anything you can do to resolve it asap would be greatly appreciated.

I just joined dslreports because we haven't received a response to our email to support (email could also be down?).

Cannot IM since I am a new member.
EarloftheWes
join:2008-08-25

EarloftheWes to wideglide36

to wideglide36
My phone service is down. I rebooted my PAP2T with no success.
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
Currently all servers are down. Apparently all their power supplies went faulty for some reason. We're working with the data center to replace the power supplies.

F9 User
@161.254.5.x

F9 User

Anon

Nitzan, if you lost power to the US server(s), shouldn't we still be able to hit europa?
I'm not able to place any calls via either server.
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

Europe is down too, pending a replacement server. Pretty much worst case scenario right now. I am told by the data center engineers they are replacing the power supplies right now, so it shouldn't be too long.
nitzan

nitzan to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
Good news- the main server is back up, and we're currently in the process of backing up and transferring the database to another site. Once that's done we'll bring service back up.
rhino17
join:2009-06-24
Torrance, CA

rhino17 to wideglide36

to wideglide36
thanks for updates, Nitzan!! I was scared.
EarloftheWes

EarloftheWes to wideglide36

to wideglide36
I'd like to offer Nitzan and Future-Nine my support during this outage.
I've been a loyal subscriber to Future-Nine since 2008.
There have been some outages in the past and this one looks like it'll probably go down in the history books of Future-Nine as one of the biggest.
But, for the price I pay for phone service and for their excellent customer service, I continue to be a very satisfied customer.
Thank you, Nitzan.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to nitzan

Premium Member

to nitzan
All power supplies went faulty? Are you running real enterprise gear with dual power supplies? Whether you are or not, I would be looking at your hosting provider's data center very close, as this would sound like some sort of power issue in their DC.
EarloftheWes

EarloftheWes

said by ropeguru:

All power supplies went faulty? Are you running real enterprise gear with dual power supplies? Whether you are or not, I would be looking at your hosting provider's data center very close, as this would sound like some sort of power issue in their DC.

I was scratching my head about that one as well. I look forward to hearing the post mortem on this.
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

Count me in - I'm scratching my head as well. I couldn't believe it when the data center guy said it. But then again all these servers are 6-7 years old so it could be just a case of "OK until rebooted". We'll be replacing the power supplies, and later the servers - but for now finishing off-site backups just in case.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

Did they have redundant power supplies? And if so, do you have any monitoring in place for when one goes bad?
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
Off-site backups are done, and service is back up now. If anybody still has any issues please let me know.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to nitzan

Premium Member

to nitzan
Did the US servers fail first, then when trying to move load to the European servers those crashed too?

I'm trying to figure out the two-continent scenario.

The famous movie director Cecil B. DeMille was directing one of his “cast-of-thousands” extravaganzas, and the time came to shoot the big action scene.

He set up three camera stations, just to make sure that the effort went on film.

Finally, at seven a.m. on the big day, he yelled, “Roll ‘em!,” and the action began.

For ten hours, chariots raced, horses ran, soldiers fought, swords clashed, and thousands of extras did their thing.

Finally, exhausted, he went to the first camera station to find the cameraman pounding his fists on the ground. “I can’t understand it,” he cried. “The lens cap got left on the whole time and we got nothing.” A little shaken, C.B. went to the second camera station to find the cameraman pounding his fists on the ground. “I can’t understand it,” he cried. “There was no film in the camera the whole time and we got nothing.”

Upset now, C.B. thought at least he had the third man for backup, and went to his position. The cameraman greeted him jovially and called out, “Anytime you’re ready, C.B.!”

Pufferty
Perpetual Newbie
join:2014-07-07
Rockville, MD

Pufferty to nitzan

to nitzan
Maybe replace the data center too!
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan to PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer1
said by PX Eliezer1:

Did the US servers fail first, then when trying to move load to the European servers those crashed too?

The European server went down a couple of weeks ago. We are in the process of replacing it, so this hit in exactly the right (wrong) time to cause a total shutdown. We're going to bring up the new European server in a day or two, and looking at adding an additional US data center for redundancy purposes.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Ah, thanks for the info!

-----

Dos Equis would be a good beer for this weekend, because it is a redundant beer (X and X).

Or else Bell's Two Hearted Ale, or Founders Double Trouble Pale Ale.

F9 User
@71.180.130.x

F9 User to nitzan

Anon

to nitzan
Can confirm, service is restored. Thanks Nitzan.