Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark to CoxTech1

MVM

to CoxTech1

Re: [AZ] Speed Increase July Rollout Date for Preferred/Premier

Regarding the two year price lock, is that for new subs only?

rgs_rx
join:2002-06-14
Phoenix, AZ

rgs_rx

said by Irish Shark:

Regarding the two year price lock, is that for new subs only?

I have two accounts, one is for work. The last time I called to change the speed tier on my work account the rep just offered it to me. I asked if I can lock my other account which is a bundled home account and she did it. So the rep I dealt with did it on two old accounts but I don't know if it's official Cox policy or she just offered it.
I think they will give it to existing customers because if you close the account before the two year lock, you must pay the balance of months remaining. So if you know that there is little chance of leaving Cox within a couple of years, you may as well call and ask for it. Google is considering Phoenix for fiber internet & TV so a two year lock would also be ok here because it will probably be close to two years before it's fully rolled out pending their final decision.

jvr
@68.226.25.x

jvr

Anon

East Mesa data point.. 20 mins ago was getting ~30 or a little under, now after I just rebooted:

firerx
join:2005-01-28
Avondale, AZ

firerx

Try using an Los Angeles or San Diego server to test with. Thank you Cox

Irish Shark
MVM
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark to rgs_rx

MVM

to rgs_rx
I called and the CSR said that Cox can do the lock. I asked if I could get the price that new subs are getting. She sourt of said yes, but I had to talk to retention/loyalty.

She transferred me over, but there was a 30 min hold time.

I'll try again on Monday and see what they offer me.

rgs_rx
Phoenix, AZ

rgs_rx

said by Irish Shark:

I called and the CSR said that Cox can do the lock. I asked if I could get the price that new subs are getting. She sourt of said yes, but I had to talk to retention/loyalty.

She transferred me over, but there was a 30 min hold time.

I'll try again on Monday and see what they offer me.

Customer loyalty/retention is another story for me. The first level reps are authorized to knock off like $5 or $10 if you express discontent with your bundle/price or suggest you are looking at some great offers from CenturyLink, etc. I initially had received that small discount but recently called back because Google is in the process of moving into Phoenix and currently CenturyLink is offering aggressive packages (actually going door to door). When I spoke to the first rep, she stated that I am already getting a $10 discount when I expressed seriously considering switching to CenturyLink and she is not authorized to offer any more than that. However, she stated that since I have been a customer for 9&1/2 years, she would escalate me to customer loyalty/retention. I forget how long I waited but the guy was really nice. He searched all possible permutations on both my work account and my bundled home account. The bottom line was a 20% reduction in my home bundled account. I forget the length of time for the reduction bu I think it is two years because I remember thinking that would be about the time Google would be well underway in Phoenix if they decide to come here. On my work account, I received 50% reduction for 6 months. This also worked out for me because my company claims that they are currently studying paying for our internet access once again (they used to reimburse in the past but stopped about two years ago) and will probably start paying by the end of the year which was just under 7 months from the time I accepted the 6 month deal from Cox about six weeks ago. When I asked him if that was really the best he could do (CenturLink's deal was still better), he stated that at that point, if the deal wasn't good enough and I asked to terminate my account, he would need to let me go. He said that he needs to close accounts all the time, so there is a limit to how low they will go before they let you walk.
So when you call back, it's definitely worth waiting for the customer loyalty department.
Good Luck.

Irish Shark
MVM
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

I called retention/loyalty and she said that the best they would do is $5-10/month. She also said that I will be paying the 50mb price when we get upgraded not the old price, but the current price for the 50mb service as the price is now.

Guess that they have all the bases covered.

Total HS to me.

rgs_rx
Phoenix, AZ

rgs_rx

said by Irish Shark:

I called retention/loyalty and she said that the best they would do is $5-10/month. She also said that I will be paying the 50mb price when we get upgraded not the old price, but the current price for the 50mb service as the price is now.

Guess that they have all the bases covered.

Total HS to me.

I must be missing something. Are you preferred (25Mb/s) or premier (50Mb/s) now? If you are Preferred now you will be upgraded to 50/5 for the same price as preferred now. Premier's price before upgrade is 50/10 so to downgrade you to 50/5 & charge you for 50/10 is going backward.
She is wrong. Preferred will go from 25/5 to 50/5 with no additional charge right now. Premier will go from 50/10 to 100/10 with no additional charge. That is what happened in Phoenix.
As far as the $5 to $10 offer, do you bundle or just have internet? If you do not have TV/Internet/Phone then they probably will not offer as much for retention.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

1 recommendation

dvd536

Premium Member

keep an eye on your bills folks! they might be thinking of cramming[doubling speeds then charging you for the next higher tier]

Irish Shark
MVM
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark to rgs_rx

MVM

to rgs_rx
I do not think that she had the foggiest idea what was happening. She seemed dumb (on purpose?) as to any speed increase.

Yes, I have Preferred and the new speed is 50mb. I have Internet and phone with Cox. My contract with Dish is up in November. I am looking for other places to go unless Dish gives me a deal. The Cox TV just does not cut it for me; so they are last on my list.

What I think is what she thought was happening: I was moving (upgrading) up a tier to Premier to 50mb. That is why she was saying that I would be paying for upgrading.

Then she offered me the $5 - 10/month with a two year contract. I could have got that from the first CSR that I talked to.

That is when I exited the phone call.

Here is another possibility. When Cox does the next rate increase, I will be paying the Premier rate as it is today. I am paying $63 ++ for internet. The Premier price is $74 ++. So take $10 off and that puts me back to my current rate for Preferred.

Just another twist.