spc
Search similar:

uniqs

HTBH
@37.221.161.x

HTBH

Anon

Review

Since switching from Shaw to Telus it has been a waste of money. Telus may be a little cheaper, but for anything other than just surfing the internet or downloading files which can be done with any ISP, nothing special. The PVR is also crap, we often get the PVR is busy notice when trying to load a recorded program, the only way to get out of it is to restart the whole system. We have to reboot our router constantly to make our connection function properly because it gets so sluggish, wireless only functions half decent after router reboot. Online gaming too, 5-10 minutes into gaming and the connection becomes unbearable, reboot the system and it's fine for maybe another 5-10 min. It's obviously not Xbox live servers if it functions fine for 5-10 minutes after a reboot then dies each and every time.

We are on the Optik 50/10. Unless you can get Fiber I would put off switching if you are considering it.

humanfilth
join:2013-02-14
river styx

humanfilth

Maybe ditch 'your router' and just use the Telus Actiontec 'gateway' functions?
Until port1 bridge is available on the older Actiontec, or request the new model.
AJ102
join:2005-03-22
Vancouver, BC

AJ102 to HTBH

to HTBH
I haven't seen any of those problems after switching from Shaw to Telus. Sounds like there may a single problem responsible for all the symptoms you are seeing. Maybe you should check the xDSL Status page of the Actiontec router (»192.168.1.254/modemstatu ··· atus.cgi, the Levels section at the bottom of the page), and try a few throughput and ping tests with a site like Speedtest.net. Compare the numbers immediately after you reboot the Actiontec with what they are when you start having problems 10 minutes later. There could be a problem with the Actiontec hardware, or a problem with your telephone line connection. Or if you are using wireless maybe a channel-hopping neighbour is causing interference. Or I guess it could be something that Telus is doing to throttle traffic after 10 minutes, but I haven't seen any evidence of anything like that.

Helios
Premium Member
join:2013-11-04
Kitimat, BC

Helios to HTBH

Premium Member

to HTBH
37.221.161.x is a range of IP's from Voxility in Romania. Either the OP is using a proxy/VPN or I'd take that review with a grain of salt.