All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

C2S2C
@107.77.64.x

C2S2C

Anon

Giga Watt box placed on wall behind bed.

I mean...is it healthy to have that thing right below your head for eight hours a day? Asking for a friend

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

2 edits

1 recommendation

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by C2S2C :

I mean...is it healthy to have that thing right below your head for eight hours a day? Asking for a friend

Are we talking about the Motorola NVG589?

If so, you must move it away immediately or your brain will slowly cook and reduce to mush within 10 days. You will lose sight by day 4 and the ability to speak and move on day 8. Who knows what happens on day 10.

In all honesty, all things in a moderation. You can always move it somewhere a little farther away from you or just turn off wireless completely. It's recommended to be a few feet away(I really do mean few). Just don't use it as a pillow and you(well, your friend) should be ok .

C2S2C
@107.77.64.x

C2S2C

Anon

Unfortunately it's the box that they bolt to the wall...near the outdoor connection. Just wondering is it's careless placement on their part...not that they're likely acknowledge a risk in the first place.

Asking for a friend.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by C2S2C :

Unfortunately it's the box that they bolt to the wall...near the outdoor connection. Just wondering is it's careless placement on their part...not that they're likely acknowledge a risk in the first place.

Asking for a friend.

I think you may be talking about the ONT then. That's not harmful at all.
premtrekker
join:2014-06-23
canada

premtrekker to C2S2C

to C2S2C
A big gray box or a white box?

C2S2C
@107.216.47.x

C2S2C

Anon

said by premtrekker:

A big gray box or a white box?

It's beige...nearly white...about 8"x6"x2".
premtrekker
canada

premtrekker

Lights on it that say power, broadband, service, wireless? I think you are referring to an inside unit for an Inid? If so, then it is putting out wifi in the 2.4Ghz range just like a lot of cordless phones do. So if you are worried about them being bad for your health, then maybe move it?

TestBoy
Premium Member
join:2009-10-13
Irmo, SC

TestBoy to C2S2C

Premium Member

to C2S2C
I had an iNID on the back wall of our house on the other side of where we slept for a couple of years.. no issues.

I have also been into radio and for a time I worked on comms gear... 30 years of that and I am still here after sucking a lot of RF down.

I am in perfect health... you have nothing to worry about.

C2S2C
@107.216.47.x

C2S2C to premtrekker

Anon

to premtrekker
Phone is just as close on my end table, so I suppose no added worry about this (assuming it's the Inid unit). If not, moving it would likely take dismounting, adding cable, and finding a spot far enough away for peace of mind. While I'm not totally averse to mucking with it, it's not ideal and it might even cause problems with having the setup serviced (apparently AT&T has us on some sort of field support agreement now).

My partner made all the arrangements.

/lie ... No longer "asking for a friend".

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U to C2S2C

Premium Member

to C2S2C
A picture is worth a 1000 words, but I'm guessing, as has been mentioned here already, that it is either an iPSU iNID power supply, or an ONT/Fiber Interface power supply. Both are battery backed up power supplies that power your AT&T Network Interface Device (be it the iNID i3812 or a BPON/GPON ONT)

The biggest "problem" you could have, in theory, with either, is if the lead acid battery inside somehow exploded, but not very likely.

There are plenty of them in service

Where was the unit placed? "Under your head 8 hours a day" makes me think it is placed in the bedroom, under the head of the bed? Not typical placement, but depending on the setup of the residence, it is possible

C2S2C
@107.216.47.x

C2S2C to C2S2C

Anon

to C2S2C
This unit is inside the house, but I just read that it's often a secondary unit to the external one.

Anyway, appreciate all the input on this.

Darknessfall
Premium Member

Darknessfall to C2S2C

Premium Member

to C2S2C
I sort of assumed that they meant to say Gigapower instead of Giga Watt so now I'm wondering if it's an iNID as you guys mention above if that's not what the OP meant to say.

Is there any model number on this device?

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

ILpt4U

Premium Member

If its for GigaPower, it would be an ONT Power Supply -- Giga is only sold over GPON FTTP, in Austin, last time I checked
premtrekker
canada

premtrekker

Pretty sure Inid and ONT power supply are white and only the Inid IU are beige?

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

ILpt4U

Premium Member

I want to say one or two of the ONT Power supply models are a little bit off-white/not quite the "white white" of the iNID iPSU. The iNID i38 Inside Unit is also pretty much "white white" on the front and has gray sides

TestBoy
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

TestBoy to C2S2C

Premium Member

to C2S2C
iNID power supply is white.
iNID itself is beige/grey in color.

Mr Fel
INTJ - The Architect
Premium Member
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY

Mr Fel to ILpt4U

Premium Member

to ILpt4U
You all keep posting my answer before I even get a chance post guys, have three replies open right now that keep getting responded to before I finish lol.

TestBoy
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

TestBoy

Premium Member

said by Mr Fel:

You all keep posting my answer before I even get a chance post guys, have three replies open right now that keep getting responded to before I finish lol.

LOL sorry

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U to Mr Fel

Premium Member

to Mr Fel
said by Mr Fel:

Busy night on the old U-Verse forum here @ dslreports tonight!

Mr Fel
INTJ - The Architect
Premium Member
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY

Mr Fel to ILpt4U

Premium Member

to ILpt4U
Quite right on the ont psu not being quite 'white white,' the one's I've seen are close to beige. That's probably what the OP is talking about. Yay, I got to contribute

TestBoy
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

TestBoy

Premium Member

said by Mr Fel:

Yay, I got to contribute

Quick.. run to the next thread to beat Mr Fel
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel to C2S2C

to C2S2C
Also, Gigapower, not Giga Watt (nor Gigawatt). No Gigawatts are used nor harmed in the installation of UVerse at your premises.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to C2S2C

Premium Member

to C2S2C
biggest thing is being woken up by the low battery BEEP in the middle of the night.

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande

MVM,

said by chip89:

biggest thing is being woken up by the low battery BEEP in the middle of the night.

Or hearing the click and hum anytime the power sags below normal levels.

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

Wily_One to C2S2C

Premium Member

to C2S2C
said by C2S2C :

is it healthy to have that thing right below your head for eight hours a day?

You're safe until they start deploying 1.21 Giga Watts!

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89

Premium Member

& you need to be at 88 MPH.

TestBoy
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

TestBoy to C2S2C

Premium Member

to C2S2C
What the hell is a Giga watt!

God that movie never gets old.

weaseled386
join:2008-04-13
Edgewater, FL

1 recommendation

weaseled386 to C2S2C

to C2S2C
Click for full size
Come talk to me when you're power company loves you enough to install a flux capacitor at your house. The guy was kind of scary, and showed up at 2am, but there it is! I edited the photo to remove all identifying markers... I wouldn't want anyone to use mine as a baseline for their home. It could easily go very VERY wrong.