spc
Search similar:

uniqs

digitalbox
@24.146.25.x

digitalbox

Anon

[TV] Digital Box Activation Third Party

As of July 21 Cogeco Ontario No longer activates third party boxes from Un authorized parties is there anywhere else that you can get a refurbished Cogeco Box?

zacron
Premium Member
join:2008-11-26
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

I have the same question

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member
join:2011-07-11

Cogeco_Aaron to digitalbox

Premium Member

to digitalbox
If you buy a Cogeco box from someone who previously purchased it from Cogeco or an authorized retailer, we will activate it.

cable box
@108.170.132.x

cable box

Anon

So does that mean that Cogeco no longer activates motorola hd boxes bought off of ebay from usa where they were originally used with comcast, etc...why do they care the source of the box, as long as it wasn't one of their rental boxes that wasn't returned?

digitalbox
@24.146.25.x

digitalbox

Anon

Thats right no more Ebay boxes because they have had too much trouble with stolen boxes they told me.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by digitalbox :

Thats right no more Ebay boxes because they have had too much trouble with stolen boxes they told me.

It was a problem 10 years ago lol....even I had an issue as a former Cogeco employee trying to get a box activated...and that was from a Mountain Cable area at the time.

Its too bad though but I can understand the headaches that were caused by it for sure.
Hamilton1
join:2007-10-28
Hamilton, ON

1 edit

Hamilton1 to Cogeco_Aaron

to Cogeco_Aaron
said by Cogeco_Aaron:

If you buy a Cogeco box from someone who previously purchased it from Cogeco or an authorized retailer, we will activate it.

How are Cogeco's "Authorized" dealers?

Sorry Edit Who not how (not enough coffee yet)!

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member

Cogeco_Aaron

Premium Member

How or Who?

saynotocogec
@24.55.202.x

saynotocogec to Cogeco_Aaron

Anon

to Cogeco_Aaron
this is cogeco's way of explaining why they're greedy pigs. 10 years ago this was an issue
but now it's not, These motorola boxes they refuse to activate are not stolen. They've
been sold off by almost every cable company in north america because most don't use
these boxes anymore, They are also rolling out their tivo pvr in the next year and fear
these used boxes will hamper their rentals. SAY NO TO COGECO,

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member

Cogeco_Aaron to Hamilton1

Premium Member

to Hamilton1
said by Hamilton1:

Sorry Edit Who not how (not enough coffee yet)!

Hope this helps:

»www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/ ··· iler.php