All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mamalama
join:2014-07-23

mamalama

Limited connection

I have had Insight internet and cable for like 4 years now, and now it is Timer Warner of course. I have had problems with the internet since day one. It has gotten worse recently, so they came out and replaced the router and modem with a combined unit. It is still having problems, with it either being slow, or "limited" throughout the day. It does this at random times, at least 3-4 times a day, sometimes it is like this for about 30 minutes to an hour. The rest of the time it is all day long, for about 5 minutes at a time. You never know when you are going to lose connection. We have 4 laptops in the house, a couple of nooks, and a game system. The game system and nooks are rarely used. There have been times when all 4 laptops are being used at the same time, but usually it is just two. Do you think there is a problem with the wiring? I don't understand what the problem is, and why Timer Warner doesn't fix it. Could someone in the neighborhood be hijacking our wifi? I'm "techy savvy" so please excuse my lack of knowledge. Thanks.

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

Can you please post your signal levels. You can find it at 192.168.100.1