Search similar:

uniqs
RolteC
The Need for Speed
join:2001-05-20
New York, NY

RolteC

FiOS How to get the new symmetrical speeds contract or no contract

So I know there is a symmetrical speeds thread, but its so complex with no answers on how to go about this that I wanted to assist people with my experience.

I myself have 3 accounts, all different and most likely will be able to help everyone answer their questions.

First account:
Recent 2-year contract on Triple Play with 75/35 with My Rewards+ already signed up for prior to the announcement
*To get the new symmetrical speeds, Log into your account and go to My Services.
*Click Add/Upgrade Services (Give permission of course when prompted)
You will see what you have, what they recommend and to Create Your Own Bundle.
*Under Create Your Own Bundle, Choose Retain Current Agreement.
*Choose the same Phone/TV Package and instead of 50/25 or 75/35, etc., choose the new symmetrical speed package. You will see crazy pricing but if you do the math, its exactly the same pricing all the way until the end of your CURRENT Agreement. It matches, do the math.
*Add it to the cart and confirm the order!
=Enjoy your new speeds (I did this to my first account and it worked - this morning it states 75/75 at the same contract agreement and pricing)

Second Account:
Recent 2 year contract Internet only without My Rewards+
*Login to your account and join My Rewards+
=You will be prompted that your speeds will be increased for being a loyal customer, etc. Enjoy your new speeds.
****Some state they have billing issues, but after 2 days of people upgrading, I myself see no changes and no billing issues on my accounts*****
=I did this on my second account and almost immediately I was changed from 50/25 to 50/50 with no change in pricing.

Third account:
Recent account with no 2-year agreement with My Rewards already signed up for
*Unfortunately, you will have to wait. Trying to change the speeds when not in a contract, at least for me, will result in MUCH higher prices.
=So even though it already says you received a free speed increase in upload, just like everyone else in this boat, you will have to wait if you don't want higher per month rates.