All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
nfotiu
join:2009-01-25

nfotiu

Is T Mobile really all that?

I see all these things about how great T-Mobile is. But, I pay $72 including all fees and taxes for 450 min/1000 txts and unlimited data at Verizon. Anything comparable at T-Mobile will be about the same or more, plus I'd have to buy my own phone vs getting subsidized phones on Verizon. T Mobile talks a good game, but I just don't see where the savings actually are.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

I have a T-mobile SIM with the $30/mth, 100 min, 5 GB data service for my occasional visits back to the states and all I can say is the price is right but the network coverage is weak.

Frank
Premium Member
join:2000-11-03
somewhere

Frank to nfotiu

Premium Member

to nfotiu
said by nfotiu:

I see all these things about how great T-Mobile is. But, I pay $72 including all fees and taxes for 450 min/1000 txts and unlimited data at Verizon. Anything comparable at T-Mobile will be about the same or more, plus I'd have to buy my own phone vs getting subsidized phones on Verizon. T Mobile talks a good game, but I just don't see where the savings actually are.

you do realize that youre on an old plan (unlimited data) that verizon no longer offers and youre gonna have to buy your own phone anyway at full price in order to keep it right?

Anonymoose
@74.199.127.x

Anonymoose to nfotiu

Anon

to nfotiu
It's unfair to compare grandfathered packages to current T-Mobile packages. To any current Verizon customer on a modern plan, they would save a lot of money on T-Mobile. Also, I wouldn't count on Verizon allowing you to keep your package forever. They're already throwing off people on Unlimited Data if they get a subsidized phone.
biochemistry
Premium Member
join:2003-05-09

biochemistry to nfotiu

Premium Member

to nfotiu
You can't get subsidized phones with Verizon without losing your unlimited data.

Alakar
Facts do not cease to exist when ignored
join:2001-03-23
Milwaukee, WI

Alakar to nfotiu

to nfotiu
On Tmobile I pay $68 for unlimited talk and text, have 3 GB of LTE data which throttles after that, but includes free music streaming. Coverage in my area is good and I was able to buy an unlocked Nexus 5 off the Google Play Store for $349, plug my SIM in and was up an running with no hassles.
nfotiu
join:2009-01-25

nfotiu to biochemistry

to biochemistry
I did a few months ago just by asking.
biochemistry
Premium Member
join:2003-05-09

biochemistry

Premium Member

Well then you hit the Verizon rep lottery. The other 99% of reps wouldn't allow it.

inmis
@173.24.81.x

inmis to Alakar

Anon

to Alakar
I have verizon (through straighttalk), unlimited talk/text/data (3Gb at 4g then throttled) for $45/month. Had to buy the phone, but saving $1400 over postpaid verizon w/2 year contract incl phone. It's a no brainer and really don't understand why people are willing to get bent over so far just to get a "subsidised phone" that once you do the actual math you end up overpaying hundreds of dollars vs buying the phone outright.