spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Syndicate

join:2013-05-27

[Internet] Shaw -> Rogers ... Internet upgraded for free?

Early morning, the Internet was down for hours.

Today, I just noticed that we are getting 50 megabit download rather than what we were paying for, (25 megabit down).

Could this be temporary or is it a free upgrade to keep us as customers?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
SHHH be vewy vewy quiet

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to Syndicate
You should have received a "welcome kit" in the mail from Rogers that outlines the changes for you. I believe most former Shaw customers will be seeing speed increases.

Syndicate

Cool... nice to know. Hopefully they aren't imposing bandwidth caps though as we'd switch to Start or teksavvy in a heart beat.

Hooter

join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON
What? You expect unlimited usage from Rogers? I don't think it is going to happen (unless of course you are willing to pay for it).

They have these two notices on the Rogers Hamilton page:

Auto Usage Notification
Keeping track of your monthly data usage is automatic. What's more, you'll also receive alerts when you reach 75% and 100% of your monthly usage. These alerts are private and triggered by your total usage, not the specific website you're visiting.

Data Overage Charges
You will be charged for any internet data overage incurred on your account. If you do go over, you can pay for additional usage on a monthly basis, or change your level of service so that it meets your online needs.

»www.rogers.com/web/content/Roger···hamilton

Syndicate

Unless they send it to us in the mail or call us, we won't be paying data overage fees.

Makaveli998

join:2002-04-23
lol I see you are new to rogers.

You won't be paying data overage fees eh. Go over your cap then post again with an update after you get your monthly bill.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
+1

They hide behind their TOS, which, once you connect to their network, accept those terms.
--
My Name is Wiley E Coyote, Super Genius

cepnot4me

join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0
kudos:3
And the TOS practically says "By using the service, you agree to the TOS" and that kills the "I never signed anything" argument.

thebig

join:2002-11-18
Hamilton, ON
reply to Syndicate
It's not quite the same since shaw customers signed up with shaw and not with rogers.

Rogers has stated we will keep out current contracts/agreements for 1 year, then get pushed to rogers plans.

So that means if on shaw we had unlimited we keep unlimited on rogers and no modem rental fees, since shaw did not have them.

I guess the real test of all of rogers statements is our first bill.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
The question lies, are you on a contract or just month to month?
If it's the latter then Rogers can impose whatever they want.
--
My Name is Wiley E Coyote, Super Genius
Expand your moderator at work