spc
Search similar:

uniqs

NeedsHelp
@172.15.121.x

NeedsHelp

Anon

Adapt USB headset?

I have a great Plantronics T10 phone and headset with a modular jack but I would like to use a headset with USB connector b/c it is more comfortable. Is there an adapter that will accept the USB connector on one end and have a modular plug on the other to plug into the phone?

Thanks!

Ken1943
join:2001-12-30
Brighton, CO

Ken1943

google usb to rj11 headset adapter
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to NeedsHelp

to NeedsHelp
If you want to connect a USB headset in place of a corded headset or handset on an analog phone, that would be a USB to RJ9 (4 pin, 4 conductor) adapter.

mgraves1
Premium Member
join:2004-04-05
Houston, TX

1 edit

mgraves1 to NeedsHelp

Premium Member

to NeedsHelp
Merely a mechanical adapter is not going to accomplish what you need. You're trying to connect a USB-attached digital headset to a phone that expects an analog signal. Any workable solution will involve some active circuitry.

About the only thing I can see that would work is a Plantronics MDA-200.

»www.plantronics.com/us/p ··· t/mda200

It designed to allow you to share a USB headset between a desk phone and a PC, with support for hookswitch control in both use cases. It has a USB jack for connection to the headset and an RJ-9 for connection to the phone.

I used one for a while.

»www.mgraves.org/2012/01/ ··· eadsets/

You'd probably be better off buying a more comfortable analog headset. I've tried some from VXi recently that were both comfortable and affordable.

Also, buying one with some kind of Quick Disconnect (QD) connector lets you change the bottom end of the wiring. That way you can swap from an RJ-9 for Polycom to one for Cisco or Avaya (they're different) or even to a cable that has an inline USB-audio adapter for use on our PC.