Search similar:

uniqs

WTB100MB
join:2007-08-16
Dallas, TX

1 edit

WTB100MB

AT&T slower than NASA

AT&T max U-Verse speed available in Lake Highlands area of Dallas: 768K (not Meg)
NASA internet speed available on the surface of the MOON: 622M (almost 1,000x faster)

»www.smithsonianmag.com/s ··· 0951614/

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx

Premium Member

said by WTB100MB:

AT&T max U-Verse speed available in Lake Highlands area of Dallas: 768K (not Meg)
NASA internet speed available on the surface of the MOON: 622M (almost 1,000x faster)

The download speeds may be great, but the pings are total crap. Gamers, stay away from the moon.

richrockstar
join:2013-04-22
Wake Forest, NC

richrockstar to WTB100MB

to WTB100MB
How many U-Verse subscribers do you know on the surface of the moon though?

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss

Premium Member

said by richrockstar:

How many U-Verse subscribers do you know on the surface of the moon though?

That's a good one and 622mbs beats TWC, Comcast, Verizon and many other ISP's.

As a side note, how is the RST thing going? I know they have dug up roads but has anyone been hooked up yet?

WTB100MB
join:2007-08-16
Dallas, TX

WTB100MB to richrockstar

to richrockstar
My point is that AT&T is unable/unwilling to wire the majority of Dallas for speeds above 1.5 M... do you really think this vaporware announcement will change decades of neglect to infrastructure?

I might as well move to the moon for a "more competitive offering."

MeInDallas
join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

said by WTB100MB:

My point is that AT&T is unable/unwilling to wire the majority of Dallas for speeds above 1.5 M... do you really think this vaporware announcement will change decades of neglect to infrastructure?

I agree. I'll be on that same Lunar Module with you when you go. These announcements never mean anything for my area. They just continue trying to shove Directv and slow DSL down my throat, and cant understand why I wont jump on it and throw money at them.

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss to WTB100MB

Premium Member

to WTB100MB
said by WTB100MB:

If your going to move go somewhere you can get 1Gbs like KC or something. It would be a lot closer and less costly than moving to the moon.

I bet that 622mbs cost a lot more than any of us are willing to pay as well.