Search similar:

uniqs

SRFireside
join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX

SRFireside

More PSN freebies to come

»www.cnet.com/news/sony-a ··· reebies/

Remember that Playstation Network breach back in 2011? The one that give PS3 users a couple of free games and some security monitoring? Well Sony is working on settling a lawsuit that is still harping on that hacking incident. They will offer $15 million worth of freebies on the Playstation Network. I have no idea what $15 million will amount to once the settlement claims come forward, but hey... more free stuff.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

SteelersFan
join:2001-02-12
Rockwall, TX

SteelersFan to SRFireside

to SRFireside
Sadly, it's only for those who never had the opportunity to opt-in when they offered items the initial time.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by SteelersFan:

Sadly, it's only for those who never had the opportunity to opt-in when they offered items the initial time.

Not exactly.

The lengthy settlement agreement (PDF) offers a number of benefits to users affected by the breach: a free downloadable PS3 or PSP game (from a selection of 14 titles), three PS3 themes (from a selection of six), or a three-month subscription to PlayStation Plus. Users who took advantage of Sony's "Welcome Back" promotion back in 2011 can choose one of those benefits, while those who didn't get a free game back then can choose from two of the three benefits.

»arstechnica.com/gaming/2 ··· tlement/

I honestly don't remember if I took part in the 'welcome back' promo or not. Either way I'll probably just add the three months of PS Plus, my PS3 has been relegated to a blu-ray player in another room.