uniqs

hsheriff
join:2012-09-04
Saint-Lambert, QC

hsheriff to diskace

to diskace

Re: [Cable] Cannot connect to vacation sites

said by diskace:

I am sure Expedia CTO would not appreciate to know the technology they pay for is blocking 30 000+ users to buy packages on their website.

I'm not sure it affects all of your users. I just bought from expedia a few minutes ago with no problems whatsoever. I have a 192.222.xxx.xxx IP.

I've also had the same IP for 6 months now and I have bought from expedia multiple times with no errors at all.

diskace
Retired
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21

diskace

Premium Member

Click for full size
go to expedia -> vacation packages -> click on pre packaged -> click on any icon

is it working or you get the same error as attached ?

ohmer
join:2003-08-06
Quebec, QC

ohmer to diskace

to diskace
J'ai contacté jaimonvoyage par courriel avec un lien vers ce thread.

Ils sont chanceux dans leur malchance, ya pas de deal cet été pour partir dans le sud donc je partirai pas, so y perdre pas de vente lol.

hsheriff
join:2012-09-04
Saint-Lambert, QC

hsheriff to diskace

to diskace
Oh I see it now. I usually just go for Hotel or Hotel+Flight so I didn't even go to that section before. Sorry about that.
steadler
join:2013-11-08

steadler to diskace

to diskace
Meme erreur ! avec ce site.

Lebon14
join:2009-08-05
Canada
·EBOX

Lebon14 to diskace

to diskace
said by diskace:

Looks like a problem with SoftVoyage who is the backend processor for Expedia and all the sites you pointed (Jaimonvoyage etc..) use the same code. Eric will attempt to contact them generously but usually this is not something we're doing (aka fixing someone else website).

Basically this is not a problem with our service and this kind of problems can happen with any ISP at any moment.

We cannot give any guarantee we can fix their software problem but at least we're going to report it. What you can do at home is contact SoftVoyage (they have a Montreal office and phone #) and report their software has an issue with your IP range + try to report the problem with the main website if possible at all so they can open a ticket with SoftVoyage in parallel. The more noise users make about SoftVoyage backend problem, higher will be the chances they fix it quickly. I am sure Expedia CTO would not appreciate to know the technology they pay for is blocking 30 000+ users to buy packages on their website.

Good guy ElectronicBox.

Ebox_Eric
join:2012-04-07

Ebox_Eric to Guesst

to Guesst
Hello this is an update to let you know that the issues with the vacation websites is now resolved. The issue was indeed that our IP's were actually being blocked.
elena02
join:2014-07-26

elena02

Good news! Thank you Eric

Let's go on vacation now
MrJohnny
Canada

MrJohnny

said by elena02:

Let's go on vacation now

said by elena02:

Electronic box and he has the same problem. Accessing the sites is not a problem, the problem is when I start booking a vacation.

Electronic box told me to deal with the web sites, because it is not on their end, and it is obvious that it is a problem with their system.

It looks like I will be changing my ISP.

Sooo still switching ISP for a stupid reason? Try to get any other provider to do what Ebox just did for fun...

It's funny how for every stupid issue that MAY or MAY NOT be ebox's fault, everyone always threaten to switch...but in the end most of the time Ebox has nothing to do with it and they go out of their way to help you anyway.
steadler

steadler to Guesst

to Guesst
expedia.ca not works.!

Reminds me of my former neighbour, who was mad at is ISP ( not ebox )
because he could not email his sister. The system would reject them.
He was dead sure the email address was correct.
Turns out he had his sisters email address in capital letters.

diskace
Retired
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21

diskace to MrJohnny

Premium Member

to MrJohnny
From a user perspective i can understand the frustration. You use another ISP and it is working you can quickly jump to the conclusion your ISP is at fault especially when it is not a giant company (Ebox is not small but we don't have 10 000 employees and brand recognition giants have).

Truth is the internet is a very complicated world and this kind of problem can happen with anybody (Bell, Videotron or Rogers included).

We're always trying to help but sometimes we just can't fix what is outside our control everytime.

/end of sales pitch
elena02
join:2014-07-26

elena02 to MrJohnny

to MrJohnny
said by MrJohnny:

said by elena02:

Let's go on vacation now

said by elena02:

Electronic box and he has the same problem. Accessing the sites is not a problem, the problem is when I start booking a vacation.

Electronic box told me to deal with the web sites, because it is not on their end, and it is obvious that it is a problem with their system.

It looks like I will be changing my ISP.

Sooo still switching ISP for a stupid reason? Try to get any other provider to do what Ebox just did for fun...

It's funny how for every stupid issue that MAY or MAY NOT be ebox's fault, everyone always threaten to switch...but in the end most of the time Ebox has nothing to do with it and they go out of their way to help you anyway.

MrJohnny, It is not a matter of switching, it is a matter of convenience and getting your money's worth. I do appreciate all the effort that Ebox put into this, but as you see at the end it was a problem on their end. So far I am happy with their service, but it is a very unpleasant surprise when in the middle of the summer, I had to go to my neighbour's house in order to be able to follow the vacation prices. Anyway tnx Ebox.
iamhere
join:2013-01-26
canada

iamhere

It was NOT a problem on Ebox's end... some 3rd party had the Ebox IP's blocked. That is beyond the control of Ebox even though they did get this resolved.

If your neighbour blocks your phone number from calling them is that the problem of your cell phone or home phone provider?
MrJohnny
Canada

MrJohnny to elena02

to elena02
Yeaaaah you should reread what Diskace said...it was a problem on Expedia's side but they contacted THEIR provider in good faith to report the issue.

It seems you are absolutely clueless about what happened there.
said by diskace:

Looks like a problem with SoftVoyage who is the backend processor for Expedia and all the sites you pointed (Jaimonvoyage etc..) use the same code. Eric will attempt to contact them generously but usually this is not something we're doing (aka fixing someone else website).

Basically this is not a problem with our service and this kind of problems can happen with any ISP at any moment.

We cannot give any guarantee we can fix their software problem but at least we're going to report it. What you can do at home is contact SoftVoyage (they have a Montreal office and phone #) and report their software has an issue with your IP range + try to report the problem with the main website if possible at all so they can open a ticket with SoftVoyage in parallel. The more noise users make about SoftVoyage backend problem, higher will be the chances they fix it quickly. I am sure Expedia CTO would not appreciate to know the technology they pay for is blocking 30 000+ users to buy packages on their website.