All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lisster
join:2009-01-13
Las Vegas, NV

lisster

[NV] Keep seeing "speed doubling" commercials..but when?

I've seen a cox commercial on channel 8 (local KLAS) so i know it has to be for las vegas with "doubling your internet speeds now" but i can't find anything about it on their website.
They tell you to go to cox.com/internet for information which only has a speedtest and prices for their current speeds.

Anyone have a clue or can point me in the right direction?
phxuser
join:2010-03-16
Scottsdale, AZ

phxuser

»Re: [AZ] Speed Increase July Rollout Date for Preferred/Premier

You don't have to wait much longer!
The Saguaro
join:2002-05-18
Tucson, AZ

The Saguaro to lisster

to lisster
»[AZ] Speed Increase July Rollout Date for Preferred/Premier
lisster
Las Vegas, NV

lisster

Well i tried the online chat support just now.
I asked them after seeing the ads in vegas when the increase would be?
Edwin P. (yeah right :P) first response "So i understand you want to get rid of internet ads".... no.
Asked the question again.
After 5 minutes he asks me "do you have a smart TV"...

Seriously cox...your CS sux heh.

Guess i'll just resort to rebooting the modem every few days :P
Lerxst2112
join:2006-05-11
Cedar Park, TX

Lerxst2112 to lisster

to lisster
From »Cox Starts Doubling Speeds Market by Market [35] comments

Las Vegas 7/29/2014
Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112

I manually rebooted my modem a few minutes ago, and bam!

Beezel
join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

Beezel

Mine just rebooted itself and

bbeesley
join:2003-08-07
Richardson, TX

bbeesley to lisster

to lisster
said by lisster:

Edwin P. (yeah right :P) first response "So i understand you want to get rid of internet ads".... no.

Elizabot?
Maltz
join:2011-01-08
Fayetteville, AR
Calix 844G
Netgate SG-2100
Ubiquiti U6-LR

Maltz

said by bbeesley:

said by lisster:

Elizabot?

That might not be far off... I could see employing some kind of automated system for common issues that hands off to the appropriate actual person (sales/support/retention/etc) once it gets the gist of the question.
lisster
Las Vegas, NV

lisster

yup mine just autoupdated too.
Download goes between 95-120mb now, which is kinda great although with the current data limit not that super.

But sadly my upload (which i use a lot more since im a photographer and have to get images out) went from a steady 20mb before this to choppy 7-12mb :P
Really freaking annoying. I know what cox will say "well you pay for 10 so thats' great!" but it sucks heh.
Rather have kept my "slow" downloads and fast upload.

Ah well, you can't win em all although im sure the price increase coming soon will mean we all loose :P

dfrandin
Premium Member
join:2002-06-14
Las Vegas, NV

dfrandin to lisster

Premium Member

to lisster
HotDamn... On Preferred, and I haven't even rebooted the modem...

kv2009
join:2009-09-14
Kenner, LA
·Cox HSI

kv2009 to lisster

to lisster
I just saw the "speed increase" commercial in the New Orleans market a day or two ago - at the end of the commercial it had "Coming in September" in huge letters on the screen. So I'd assume that September date in the other thread is accurate for this region.

Of course if they you know....want to upload that config file to my modem before then I wouldn't complain......at all....*cough* lmao
VentShop
join:2009-08-21
Oklahoma City, OK

VentShop to lisster

to lisster
Just did a speedtest and downloading at 123Mbps on prefered in the OKC market and we generally get the upgrades after the others so if you haven't been seeing faster speeds then you should be soon.

kabhal
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Oklahoma City, OK

kabhal

Premium Member

Yeah in OKC here and I got an email about it this morning. Everything is moving along a bit faster now.

SoonerAl
MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK

1 edit

SoonerAl

MVM

We received the email yesterday also. Using my old Motorola SB5101U modem this is what I saw a few minutes ago. Works for me since I am too cheap to purchase a new modem...

FWIW I am on the Preffered tier...
VentShop
Oklahoma City, OK
ARRIS CM8200
(Software) OPNsense
Netgear R8000

VentShop

Would be well worth getting a new modem. . . be a lot better speed out of it. May be able to pick on up at Goodwill or a thrift store for a song since they are getting more prevalent. I have a Cisco DPC3825 »www.engadget.com/product ··· 5/specs/ I could let go for pretty cheap if someone was really interested in it. Was given to me in trade for some computer work I did.

Without a DOCSIS 3.0 you are seriously missing out on the fun.

SoonerAl
MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK

SoonerAl

MVM

said by VentShop:

Would be well worth getting a new modem. . . be a lot better speed out of it. May be able to pick on up at Goodwill or a thrift store for a song since they are getting more prevalent. I have a Cisco DPC3825 »www.engadget.com/product ··· 5/specs/ I could let go for pretty cheap if someone was really interested in it. Was given to me in trade for some computer work I did.

Without a DOCSIS 3.0 you are seriously missing out on the fun.

We are actually thinking of dropping back to the Essential speed tier based on our usage and to save a few bucks...
VentShop
Oklahoma City, OK

VentShop

There is still some benefit for having a 3.0 modem but if you drop down to the lower tiers it's not needed. The biggest benefit is you are less apt to have slowdowns when a node is handling a lot of traffic from my understanding.
namida12
join:2004-10-30
Las Vegas, NV

1 edit

namida12 to lisster

to lisster
Click for full size
Just tested, I have not doubled but this is about 20 MB faster than I was getting in June.
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 13737508
namida12

namida12

Click for full size
I tested again tonight Aug 26 on Cox Website...

Maybe I need to test without router attached, to see if there is any difference.

I am currently using a Trendnet TEW 639gr.