Search similar:

uniqs
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

1 edit

Jim_in_VA (banned)

Usage Cap?

Does MC enforce the 350GB cap tightly or are they pretty flexible? Has anyone ever got a warning notice?

avolate
@66.249.83.x

avolate

Anon

I've went over regularly. Average 400 to 600 gigs a month... and never got a warning. But, I'm in Mississippi which is soon to be sold. Take what I experience with a grain of salt.
NetworkNH
join:2009-08-10
Northwood, NH

NetworkNH to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
I'm pretty sure they do. According to a rep I've spoke with many times, as soon as you cross the 350GB limit you're put on a "list" and if your monthly usage continues to exceed 350GB than you will be contacted by them. I've been using their usage meter (accessible through the portal) to monitor my bandwidth (it appears to be fairly accurate, as it matches up with the traffic meter on my router). I used to hit 500-600GB per month and never heard from them, but that was a long time ago before the speed upgrades in December '13/January '14.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

ie 400-600 gigs ...no problem?
avolation
join:2012-07-28
Starkville, MS

1 edit

avolation

I am avolate. Posted earlier without logging in. My usage is 400-600 gigs pretty much each month. Last month I hit 605. Still no letter. (measured at the router)

Usage meter at the portal is WILDLY wrong for me, almost comically so. Reporting under 100gigs of usage every month. That could be why I've got no letter.

I meter at each PC and at the router. I ignore all local traffic when metering. I usually break that 100gig mark within the first week of the month on my main PC.

Like at said, take it with a grain of salt.

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium Member
join:2007-07-08
Rochester, NH

icedcorn

Premium Member

More and more cable companies are putting in hard caps and/or making you pay for going over, but MC hasn't done that yet.

I have the highest tier internet and have been worried about it. SO many wifi devices, so many GB consumed.

It stinks that I have to worry about this. That is the *one* thing that Fairpoint has. No caps. But, 7MB down for the same price as MC? Yuck.

(Fairpoint is $35.99 /mo for 7m/768K with 1 year commitment) vs $69.95 for 50/2 at MC here)
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

its 69.95 for 50/5 and I get that and more: