uniqs
share rss forum feed

imtiax
Premium
join:2014-05-24
East York, ON

How to change IP Address

Hello.

I have the DPC3825 and I have had the same IP for almost a year. How do i change my ip address. I was recently ip banned from a game server and I do not want to have to use a VPN.

i dont use any router so I cant clone my mac like I used to be able to do a few years ago with the motorola sb5101 modems

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
There's no way to guarantee an IP address change.

Once, I unplugged my modem went to the mall and exchanged my modem for another one as I changed my internet package. Got home two hours later and plugged in my new modem with my new package and I still had the same IP address.

Jelllo

join:2013-12-29
reply to imtiax
I have the Hitron CGN3, and recently added a router so I put the Hitron into bridge mode and my ip changed. Could be a fluke as I didn't perform any further testing.

smogers

@108.170.167.x
reply to imtiax
said by imtiax:

Hello.

I have the DPC3825 and I have had the same IP for almost a year. How do i change my ip address. I was recently ip banned from a game server and I do not want to have to use a VPN.

i dont use any router so I cant clone my mac like I used to be able to do a few years ago with the motorola sb5101 modems

You were banned for a reason, changing your IP and going back means you are then trespassing.

imtiax
Premium
join:2014-05-24
East York, ON

1 edit
When you play xBox live now days, random people DDOS people on the other team so that they can win.

Back when we had the Motorola modems we could simply clone the mac address on the router reboot modem, and be issued a new ip.

I'd change my IP when ever I'd get DDOSED so it wouldn't effect me.

But with the new home gateway modems, attaching a router and cloning mac address does not work.

wayner92

join:2006-01-17
Toronto, ON
When I switch from using my Hitron CGN3 in Gateway mode to Bridge mode it changes my external IP.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to imtiax
said by imtiax:

But with the new home gateway modems, attaching a router and cloning mac address does not work.

Sure it does, I've released my IP changed the mac address in my router and renewed.. and definitely got a new IP.
--
My Name is Wiley E Coyote, Super Genius

cepnot4me

join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0
kudos:4
reply to imtiax
4000 years ago, I just needed to power cycle mine. Lol. Apparently it got harder since the good ol days.