spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Veronica 888
@108.201.86.x

Veronica 888

Anon

Issues after Microsoft Silverlight update KB2977218

After running the most recent update my Microsoft Office 2013 doesn't work. I have tried to run it in safe mode and reconfiguring it. Neither worked. When I click on the shortcut the message I get is that the items where changed or moved. If I search for the Office items they are no where to be found.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Veronica

Gone Fishing
Premium Member
join:2001-06-29

1 edit

Gone Fishing

Premium Member

said by Veronica 888 :

After running the most recent update my Microsoft Office 2013 doesn't work. I have tried to run it in safe mode and reconfiguring it. Neither worked. When I click on the shortcut the message I get is that the items where changed or moved. If I search for the Office items they are no where to be found.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Veronica

Maybe this link can provide some help?

DSLR: »[Info] OffCAT - Microsoft Office Configuration Analyzer Tool Updated
Re: [Info] OffCAT - Microsoft Office Configuration Analyzer Tool Updated)

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to Veronica 888

Premium Member

to Veronica 888
Looking on a system that has Office 2013 installed, the EXE for Excel is located at

C:\Program FIles\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\excel.exe

If you go to that location, do you see the exe's for the Office 2013 programs you have installed?

--Brian

George43
@68.1.50.x

George43 to Veronica 888

Anon

to Veronica 888
Interesting. I am using Office 2007 which works ok, However, Internet Explorer 11.0 will not run after the updste. Viewing task manager, I see iexplore.exe using 17% of the CPU but the IE window never opens. RESTOREd prior to the Update and all was well until the Update was re-accomplished with the same results. Chrome and Safari work fine.

Veronica 888
@108.201.86.x

Veronica 888 to plencnerb

Anon

to plencnerb
Thank you for responding Brian. I followed your directions and did not find excel.exe. The closest to it was excel.exe.bak

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Just on a guess, what happens if you rename excel.exe.bak to excel.exe. Does your shortcut then work?

--Brian

Veronica 888
@108.201.86.x

Veronica 888

Anon

Unfortunately not. Anything else you think could fix the problem?
Thank you,

Veronica

amazingm
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
USA

amazingm to Veronica 888

Premium Member

to Veronica 888
Try repairing your Microsoft Office installation. Here's how to: »office.microsoft.com/en- ··· 402.aspx

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy to Veronica 888

Premium Member

to Veronica 888
said by Veronica 888 :

Please advise.

Thanks,
Veronica

Have you tried removing the update

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

1 edit

therube to Veronica 888

to Veronica 888
Why would Silverlight affect Office?

Where does your shortcut to "Office" point to?

Is it only excel that is a .bak or are other files in the "office" directory .bak too?

Similar situation, though no (real) resolution, Office 2013 apps won't start - no error.

What version of Office do you have?

Veronica 888
@108.201.86.x

Veronica 888

Anon

I've got Office 2013. After running out of options I tried reinstalling Office, but it wouldn't work. Since I could not uninstall Office, because it was not listed among programs, I decided to pick the closest looking program. I uninstalled Student Word or Student Office, something like that, and was was able to reinstall Office. Good luck.