All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
OmagicQ
Posting in a thread near you
join:2003-10-23
Bakersfield, CA

OmagicQ

[Internet] Brighthouse is only a 3-star ISP?

Click for full size
Found this while looking around »www.speedtest.net/isp/br ··· networks
Apparently delivering over 100% of promised speed doesn't merit 5 stars on a speed test site.

weaseled386
join:2008-04-13
Edgewater, FL

weaseled386

If I were doing the review it would be 4-4.5 stars. IMO speed would only account for half of the review. Sales, technician response, technician's knowledge, and price would make up the rest.

twalls
join:2014-06-11
Tampa, FL
ARRIS SB8200
eero Wi-Fi System

twalls to OmagicQ

to OmagicQ
I'm pretty sure that is just based on the results of how people voted. Like I could 1-star it on a whim because I had a crappy day. Doesn't mean it was based on how good they're doing with providing advertised speeds.

That said, if you had asked me, say, five years ago, I'd say I never got the speeds I was paying for. I remember upgrading to a higher tier to finally get the speeds I was paying for in the previous one. If enough people had those experiences, I could see ratings dropping.

Of course, I just put up with it. There could have been issues with the modems and signal levels, etc. But this was at five different places. For the last two places over the past four years, I've gotten or exceed the speeds I'm paying for, so they're doing something right.

Porkrinds
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
Riverview, FL

Porkrinds to OmagicQ

Premium Member

to OmagicQ
When I had BHN, I always got my advertised speeds and then some. Of course it always depended on factors such as the route my data took, the server's available resources, etc.

I'd rate 4+ stars (need more upload!) personally. Technical support was always excellent. My issues were always with calling in for customer care and billing. But that's outside of the scope of this thread.

paradigmfl
join:2005-07-16

paradigmfl to OmagicQ

to OmagicQ
They are about 3 1/2 stars according to this site's Good, Bad, and Ugly
»/gbu

But the top one is also under 4 stars and BHN is still "silver" which is pretty good. It seems most people complain about BHN's prices. I suspect as prices go up and less people are given promos the satisfaction level will decline. It's one thing to tolerate slow speeds and micro-outages when you are paying $30 a month. It's another when you are paying $60+ at the full price and are being nickel and dimed for everything.