spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ksman
join:2010-10-28

1 edit

ksman

[Speed] Please help me achieve my provisioned speed

I got an e-mail that my Performance speed was doubled from 25 to 50 down. I reset my cable modem but still am seeing the same speedtest results (about 28 down) that I have always seen. How can I get my speeds up to 50Mb/sec down?

Thanks.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN

1 recommendation

train_wreck

what sort of modem do you have? what sort of router do you have?

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf to ksman

MVM

to ksman
Sounds like they never pushed the new config file to your modem.
ksman

ksman

@train_wreck
I have an Arris TM822G which is Docsis 3.0. I use an Apple Time Capsule as my router and the PC I'm doing my speed tests on is connected via ethernet.

@graysonf
Is there anything I can do to get the new config sent or do I just need to wait until Comcast pushes it? Thanks.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I would contact support and tell them that you have rebooted everything but the speed is the same.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck to ksman

to ksman
the modem should be alright. i would think that the time capsule should be able to handle 50mbps worth of routing, but just for kicks try a computer plugged directly into the modem & see if the speeds are the same.

what graysonf See Profile said about not being provisioned correctly would be the next step to try.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to ksman

Premium Member

to ksman
Does the arris have a battery?
you may need to force a powercycle to get a new config, also updates don't always get completed if your siganls are poor, so show us a screenshot of the signals page.
ksman

ksman

How do I get to the signals page to take a screenshot?
ksman

ksman

Click for full size
Here are the signals.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to ksman

Premium Member

to ksman
signals look fine, try a full powercyle or call in and ask them to push the new config again.
Remember those mailings go out to a whole area at once, but the actually upgrades usually occur on CMTS card at a time, so some might see the upgrade before the notice and some maybe get the mailing a week or so before the upgrades really take effect.
ksman

ksman

I haven't had a chance to call yet but logging into my Comcast account shows my old cable modem in the internet equipment page. Is this why I'm not getting the update?

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by ksman:

I haven't had a chance to call yet but logging into my Comcast account shows my old cable modem in the internet equipment page. Is this why I'm not getting the update?

Calling will be key here.....

My parents had their old modem in their equipment page and still have it there and its been 2 years since it was replaced. I would say it's not indicative of the issue at hand but you should still bring it up when you call.