how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

newSymp

join:2003-11-06

Rogers Bait and Switch - 45$ Internet price increase

Hello ,

There was a huge thread on RDF, and roger sending out promo cards to peoples mail boxes (»forums.redflagdeals.com/new-roge···1360310/) about this 45$ 300GB plan.

95% of the REP, WINback , etc all said the same thing " 8 price year guarantee " I have recordings, scripts and confirmation number as many people do.

Now they are sending out letters for a 3$ hike on the price.

I mean how can companies get away with this shit. You'll have the PR reps come here and tell us they are investing the network which has nothing to do with the Price Promise that many many people got.

SO check your bills if you got any of these plans.

Beermage

@99.252.88.x

The plan they are increasing by $3 is not the 8 year $45 plan.

The two plans have different codes and offer different speed & usage allotment.

Here's the RFD link for the 8 year plan:

»forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-e···1290815/

newSymp

Well According to reps, and even the one i just called.

Which i was told it was 8 years and is documents she read the notes and reference to where it links up said subject to price increase, even though I have the 8 year plan by " what they said "

So If you go by the amount of people signing up and getting these plans, the one you posted and one i posted, SOMEONE dropped the ball HUGE because a lot of people were told 8 years.

wayner92

join:2006-01-17
Toronto, ON
reply to newSymp

How many people want the same plan for 8 years? Eight years ago I think my internet service was something like 5Mbps down and 1Mbps up. Now my service is 250/20 with 1 TB.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

1 edit

said by wayner92:

How many people want the same plan for 8 years? Eight years ago I think my internet service was something like 5Mbps down and 1Mbps up. Now my service is 250/20 with 1 TB.

That's not the point. Rogers has been hit hard by the Competition Bureau in the past for their fast and loose (read ILLEGAL) advertising practices.

This sounds like the basis for ANOTHER million dollar fine. They never learn.

newSymp

reply to wayner92

well it would seem a lot, since a lot of people switched to that plan.

for the price some people just dont care

wayner92

join:2006-01-17
Toronto, ON
reply to newSymp

My point is that for technological services the long term trend is for deflation when one takes into account the quality of the service that you are getting (aka hedonic quality adjusted price). The absolute price may not go down but on a quality adjusted basis you tend to pay less over time. So an 8 year price guarantee isn't as much of a deal for this type of service.

oceros

join:2013-07-20
St Thomas, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 edit
reply to newSymp

Rogers does a locked in PROMO / discount though.

What is locked in is the discount amount. By changing the BASE price, they give you that $3 price hike. You still have the same discounted amount off the top, but its the base price changing.

Aka, the amazing price is not quite as "locked in" as you assumed. It's fairly sneaky and they try not to spell that out to you. I'm sure their lawyers can dance around in circles and there was no lie told. Arguably just a lie by omission.

Did you reeeeally think you would have 8 years with the same price locked in? That would be silly even if we weren't talking about Rogers. All the more so since we are. Rogers just found a way to dupe people that are already suspicious of their practices by stooping to a new low. Brilliant really. Regular price increases will keep rolling in, and by the time 2 years goes by, let alone 8, your sweet deal will be crap.

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
reply to newSymp

said by newSymp:

I have recordings, scripts and confirmation number as many people do.

Put the recordings on YouTube then, I certainly want to hear them.
And as mentioned on this forum before and on RFD, rogers gives out % discounts and its the percent that's "locked" in. I've never had a promo where they locked in the price.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

If I remember correctly, there were several variants of this offer. One of them was indeed a price guarantee for 8 years and this change does not affect those customers who were able to take advantage of that offer.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia

said by yyzlhr:

If I remember correctly, there were several variants of this offer. One of them was indeed a price guarantee for 8 years and this change does not affect those customers who were able to take advantage of that offer.

And this is precisely the problem "variants" of a deal. Everyone gets a different deal, even though it's promoted the same way.

They need to streamline their deals.
--
My Name is Wiley E Coyote, Super Genius