»www.droid-life.com/2014/ ··· a-users/

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612 to sonomazr2

MVM

to sonomazr2
I am so glad the plans got scrapped. I guess the risk of losing that 700Mhz spectrum and the most loyal customers was a little too much

C6 Z06
join:2002-07-17
Lubbock, TX

1 recommendation

C6 Z06

It would be interesting to know the truth of what Verizon was up to with the throttling. Why they announced the decision and why they decided it was a bad idea.
Because corporations are all about strategy, this could be a "pat on the back" from Verizon to Verizon.
"Lets do something that will piss people off. Then turn around and act as if we care so much for our customers. All the while we have no plans to cut usage."
I don't mean that was their strategy. But food for thought. The sky is the limit.
tomas67
join:2006-10-14
Villa Park, IL

tomas67

I think they scanned forums like this and others and figured it was a lose/lose situation and looking like greedy bastages.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612 to C6 Z06

MVM

to C6 Z06
said by C6 Z06:

It would be interesting to know the truth of what Verizon was up to with the throttling. Why they announced the decision and why they decided it was a bad idea.
Because corporations are all about strategy, this could be a "pat on the back" from Verizon to Verizon.
"Lets do something that will piss people off. Then turn around and act as if we care so much for our customers. All the while we have no plans to cut usage."
I don't mean that was their strategy. But food for thought. The sky is the limit.

Agreed. I'm keeping a close eye on them. I expect there to be a not-so-nice announcement after the holiday season.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to tomas67

Premium Member

to tomas67
said by tomas67:

I think they scanned forums like this and others and figured it was a lose/lose situation and looking like greedy bastages.

I doubt it. Because if that were the case, then they would've stopped charging extra for tethering with the data you already pay for.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

Exactly.