All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
XPSTester
join:2013-09-24
Montreal, QC

XPSTester

Best deal on the package: Phone+Internet+Fibe TV?

What would be the best deal on the package:
Phone+Internet+Fibe TV?
in Quebec...

Any advice how to avoid future billing mistakes? [really annoying & time consuming :-(]
XPSTester

XPSTester

Anyone wants to share the best deal they got from Bell?
SquadG
join:2013-06-09
Anjou, QC

SquadG to XPSTester

to XPSTester
Internet 25/10 Unlimited + TV+15 = 99.99+ TX
XPSTester
Montreal, QC

XPSTester

SquadG, if with a phone line, that's a great deal you got!
DrAkO
Premium Member
join:2005-11-06
Saint-Jerome, QC

DrAkO to XPSTester

Premium Member

to XPSTester
»www.bell.ca/accueil/Forf ··· 53014_rl

alparentqc
@174.92.254.x

alparentqc to XPSTester

Anon

to XPSTester
Here's what I got with them.
TV+15+SE+1 wireless TV
Internet 25/10 unlimited
Basic home phone with Quebec long distance calling+call display+call waiting
All this for 87$+tx for a year then it will be like 113$+tx I think. If I remove SE, it would be 72$+tx which I think is a really good price for where I live (would be 68$ in Montreal).
Also my internet is more expensive than other regions, it's about 4$ more than in Montreal for the same package.
I got this because I have been with Bell for more than 5 years and told them about Videotron's offers. The 50 years deal is good but I got a better version with 5$ more rebate and another free terminal since I got unlimited data on my cellphone but I already have a 5$ fidelity rebate on my cellphone (so 75$). And when I called them, the agent told me that Bell internet is better than Vidéotron but I told him I always use my cellphone as modem for bigger download since it's faster than the home internet I had when I called them. I have between 20-28mbps on my cellphone.
First to have a good deal, you need to find a good agent which can be hard but always go for the fidelity departement. When you call their automated system, select cancel my services. When they pick up the phone, tell them Vidéotron made you an offer and you want to see what they (Bell) can do for you. Stay polite, they will try to demolish Vidéotron and say Bell is the best. Give them the points they deserve (like faster upload speed) and defend Vidéotron by saying that they are not as bad as they say. Just show that you know that Bell is better because that's what they want to hear because they know that you are willing to stay with them and they just got to match Vidéotron's price.
At the end of my call with the agent, he told me to call him back in 6 months when my rebate on the TV will expire and that he could lower even more my price, so I was lucky to have this agent when I called.
It may takes a fee calls to find someone who understand you and want to help you but don't give up, your rebates usualy last a year and you end up saying a lot of cash (around 500$ a year for me) so it's worth it.
And staying with the same company seem to be better on the long run. Take for example my friend with Rogers got unlimited data for 80$ with LTE and a samsung galaxy S4 for 100$ 3 months after it came out. He gets about 35-40mbps.
You may not get a deal like me but the longer you stay, the deals get better.

Good luck
XPSTester
Montreal, QC

XPSTester

Hi alparentqc,

Thank you so much for sharing and giving me the details of how to negociate a deal. Priceless!!!

Thanks again and please share your future renewal deal
XPSTester

XPSTester

Hey, if there is a Bell rep on the forum reading this, please make me deal!

I am interested to have:
- basic phone with touch tone, call display and call waiting
- internet minimum 25 Mbps or more
- Fibe TV = a la carte 30 [+ any free offer ]
- cell: could be also discussed

Questions regarding the Whole Home PVR:
- what model is it? Specs?
- Is there only one PVR model or many?
- If many which one is the best?

Does Bell unlock all the channels for the first month to be able to check them out?

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to XPSTester

to XPSTester
Why not:

- Internet with Teksavvy or other IISP
- Phone with Voip.ms or freephoneline.ca
- TV ... you have options: Bell Satellite, Videotron, OTA, Netflix, etc ...

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to XPSTester

Premium Member

to XPSTester
said by XPSTester:

- what model is it? Specs?

It's the Motorola 2262
said by XPSTester:

- Is there only one PVR model or many?
- If many which one is the best?

There is only one PVR.
said by XPSTester:

Does Bell unlock all the channels for the first month to be able to check them out?

No, you will only get what's available in the package that you order.
XPSTester
Montreal, QC

1 edit

XPSTester to MFido

to MFido
said by MFido:

Why not:

- Internet with Teksavvy or other IISP
- Phone with Voip.ms or freephoneline.ca
- TV ... you have options: Bell Satellite, Videotron, OTA, Netflix, etc ...

- Acanac Unlimited is better for me. Tried Teksavvy and had bad beginning...
- like the regular phone line when there is no power + we call Europe and Afrika and have relatively cheap long distance with Yak
- you must have not read that we have Videotron and other details about our background... :-(

Edit: the background is in the post "Can I get Bell Fibe TV without Internet?"
XPSTester

XPSTester to JC_

to JC_
Thank you again JCohen!