uniqs
share rss forum feed

clevere1
Premium
join:2002-01-06
Vancouver, WA
kudos:1
reply to clevere1

Re: How to get rid of a yellow jacket nest?

Hmm ..

What are thoughts in spraying two cans of hornet/wasp killer down the hole at night?
--
Where's th' DAFFY DUCK EXHIBIT??

bbear2
Premium
join:2003-10-06
kudos:5

That hornet/wasp killer spray is meant to shoot like 20-30 feet and upwards. If you are like within 2 feet of a hole nest, the back spray might be pretty strong and at least you'd have trouble controlling the can and at worst it could cover your more than the nest.

rzaruba

join:2000-08-04
reply to clevere1

quote:
What are thoughts in spraying two cans of hornet/wasp killer down the hole at night?
I've been doing it that way for 30+ years. Ground nests (mostly), aerial nests, and cavity nests.

I use Wasp Stopper or Wasp DOA, but if you can't get that, ask one of the telephone guys what they carry in their trucks. That's how I learned about these two products. They have to have something that works instantly when they are going into a box.

I generally try to do it late at night. It has to be very dark as they are active after sunset as long as there is some light.

For some reason, my exterminator can go up to one during the day and dust in Drione dust and nothing bothers him. That's another good thing, Drione dust, also works wonders on ants. Any type of diatomaceous dust works well.

To prevent stuff, I spray around the usual spots where they will enter in the spring with Viper or the like.

AFA yellow jackets, I also carry a spray around in early spring and kill as many queens as I can while I am doing yard work.

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4
reply to bbear2

I've never had any issues.

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL
reply to rzaruba

We have a couple of hives that are growing on the side of our office trailer. Bad thing is we are not there at night, so we have to try to spray them during the day... that's going to be fun.. NOT.... 20' spray and run like hell!