uniqs
share rss forum feed

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium
join:2002-06-22
Lakeland, FL
kudos:2

iCloud Pricing (old vs new) - when does the new pricing happen?

Does anyone have any good guestimate as to when Apple will launch the new iCloud pricing?

»appleinsider.com/articles/14/06/···velopers

I'm due to expire on my 50GB/$100 plan in 7 days... I've already trimmed it to ~11GB (10GB + the free 5GB) in preparation and told them to just charge me the $20 for 10GB, and put 3/4 of our iOS devices backing up on our Mac Mini in the office for the time being, leaving only 1/4 in iCloud. [Yeah, iCloud is convenient... the kids never tether to the Mac in the office, and it's fun getting all these devices in here to backup.]

I just don't see paying $100 for 50GB for a year when there's new pricing to be launched this fall. In fact, the new $3.99/mo for 200GB seems like it would work nicely, and that's what I'm going to switch back to as soon as it's available.

Too bad I couldn't just use my 1TB of OneDrive space... I have that for four years

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
New iCloud pricing will probably go into effect once iOS 8 is released.

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium
Lakeland, FL
said by Rob:

Gotcha. I'll resubscribe then

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by acadiel:

said by Rob:

Gotcha. I'll resubscribe then

No problem. I, too, am waiting for the new pricing to drop. 20GB for $11.88 beats the 10GB for $20 I pay now.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

Caligula

join:2014-07-25
reply to acadiel
I was thinking about not using iCloud anymore as the prices are pretty steep at the minute but would reconsider if they offer new pricing

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
It's not a matter of if but when -- check the link in the OP.

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium
Lakeland, FL
said by darcilicious:

It's not a matter of if but when -- check the link in the OP.

Yep. Definitely some competition in cloud-land right now.

I have Office 365 (and thus a 1TB cloud storage box). Dropbox and Apple should adjust pricing soon, too.

(I moved almost everything from Dropbox to Onedrive, but Onedrive Mac has it's own issues. Can I copy crap to it without having it mirror and take up my drive space? No files bigger than 2GB, have to go to the webui to get a link to share files, etc. But hey, it's paid for.)