exocet_cm to Hard Harry7

Premium Member

to Hard Harry7

Re: [LA] Cox SOHO Business customer - Latency and 100% packet loss issue

Click for full size
Modem readout
Click for full size
50 pings to modem
See attached. Also working on answering the mandatory questions required for posting. My apologies.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

Yea, thats not normal to have a average of 3ms and spikes as high as 16ms between PC and modem. Try bypassing the router and pinging again? Should be less then 1ms or something is wrong with PC/ethernet/modem. You can also try pinging 127.0.0.1 to check for NIC issues.

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

exocet_cm

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
iPhone modem status
Click for full size
iPhone ping to 4.2.2.1
Here is a 50 packet ping to the modem from a VM on the same subnet as the main gateway and modem. Earlier it was from a computer on a different subnet and was subject to packet analytics. Still behind the gateway and passing through to the modem. Nothing bypassed.

Edit at 1539: Down again. Pictures attached are from my iPhone. Alerts notified at 3:19 PM of no response status from external servers. Unable to access any resources on internal connection. Connection restored at 3:30:14 PM.

Hard Harry7
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

said by exocet_cm:

Earlier it was from a computer on a different subnet and was subject to packet analytics. Still behind the gateway and passing through to the modem. Nothing bypassed.

Could that same packet analytics caused the packet loss your seeing? Also Im not understanding the Iphone post. Signal levels looks above average. Difficult to troubleshoot with neither of us being on site. Could be T3 errors, but unfortunately that model of modem you don't have access to logs. You can try PM CoxTech1 See Profile and have him take a look.

Also when the problem is occuring could you have someone/thing run a Pathping out to a known reliable server outside of Cox's network;ie google.com.

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

I took those screenshots from my phone, that is all.
I don't think the analytics is causing the packet loss. Look at the very first post of this thread and multiple neighbors around my residence, in my neighborhood, are having the exact same problem as I am.

Hard Harry7
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

said by exocet_cm:

Look at the very first post of this thread and multiple neighbors around my residence, in my neighborhood, are having the exact same problem as I am.

Then you either need a tech or a engineer. PM CoxTech1 or Call Cox Business and have them put your modem on monitor and start a ticket for tracking purposes and fallow up. This should measure packet loss in relationship to signal level changes, but it takes a couple of days. Or if the representative sees something obvious on the street, sometimes they can escalate it directly to the SOC. YMMV. There probably going to want to see a tracert/pathping/ping with the network bypassed but it can't hurt to ask.

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

Thanks. I'll gather up the data and results and call once I have it compiled.
exocet_cm

1 edit

exocet_cm

Premium Member

Click for full size
I'm STILL having problems and Cox business support STILL says the issue, if there is one, is with my equipment even though I continue to provide links and snippets of conversations on forums of people, VERIFIED living in my neighborhood, that are ALSO having the same problem and supporting evidence (monitor logs, host logs, trace logs) of problems dropping once it hit Cox's equipment. Why the hell I can't get somebody to resolve the issue on the NEIGHBORHOOD level is beyond me.

Can ANYBODY provide assistance on a larger scale than just one-on-one technical support? The problem exists for a large geographical area than just my business address.

Hard Harry7
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

DId you ever get a response from CoxTech1? YHPM

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

He/she is looking into it but isn't sure how much can be done as he/she deals with residential customers primarily. I sent a follow up PM last night.

Hard Harry7
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

I can't make any promises but check your inbox. Or post ticket number here if your comfortable.

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

Thanks. Getting the kids ready for their first day of school tomorrow. I'll reply as soon as I get a chance tomorrow during they day. I also have a few more neighborhood folks who sent me a message about the outages last night. I can pinpoint and narrow it down to blocks and streets on a map if it'd help.