spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Cisco
@70.125.9.x

Cisco

Anon

Arris DG1670 MTA

MTA has a button on the Top labeled WPS....what is it?

It is actually positioned in a very poor spot right on the top on the edge. I went to move the MTA and this button was pushed by accident by my hand.

Is it disabled or by pushing it I have activated something and need to de-activate...if so, how?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

WiFi Protected Setup...just disregard it....

Coisco
@70.125.9.x

Coisco

Anon

I pressed it when I was Moving the location of the MTA while it was Powered on, ...did it activate something and something I need to de-Activate.....or is this button Dis-Abled so no harm?

StephenRC
join:2013-11-02
Satellite Beach, FL

StephenRC

It turns on wifi protected setup. It's a method of connecting wifi devices without having to enter the SSID and password. It'll turn off by itself after a minute or so. Nothing to worry about.

Cisco
@70.125.9.x

Cisco

Anon

Thanks; Is this what you would use to let a Guess use your WiFi....? After they disconnect from your WiFi....in order to use it again the process would need t be repeated?

StephenRC
Satellite Beach, FL

StephenRC

I don't know. I have only one usb wifi gizmo with the button and couldn't get it to connect to the router, so I just used the ssid & pw.

Some routers have a separate guest wifi setup so you won't have to give out the main wifi info for guests.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Cisco

Premium Member

to Cisco
said by Cisco :

Thanks; Is this what you would use to let a Guess use your WiFi....? After they disconnect from your WiFi....in order to use it again the process would need t be repeated?

No and No - just ignore it...

Cisco
@70.125.9.x

Cisco

Anon

The answer I started out looking has been missed.

I pushed this WPS by accident.....did I active something that now needs to be corrected? Or is this button de-activated..does Nothing.....

StephenRC
Satellite Beach, FL

StephenRC

Yes it activated an automatic method to connect a wifi device, but it turned itself off way before the first reply you received.

Nothing to worry about.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Cisco

Premium Member

to Cisco
said by Cisco :

The answer I started out looking has been missed.

I pushed this WPS by accident.....did I active something that now needs to be corrected? Or is this button de-activated..does Nothing.....

No and I answered your question straight away....you have nothing to worry about.