spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Lizardwizard

join:2014-02-05
United State

[Connectivity] SGB6580 woes again! (timing-out and packet loss)

So, after the whole factory reset issue it had a while back things began acting up again as soon as it was restored.

I get constant tab/web-page hangs if I happen to open (more than 1) too quickly or change addresses within a couple seconds or less. I can provide screenshots of what I'm talking about but basically any web-page has serious issues loading for me if I open it along with more than 1 tab where it'll just fail to load completely and prevent me from refreshing/loading something else for a length of time.

These are the results of my pingtest

It's like that for me wherever I connect to across the US (including the reported packet-loss which is usually anywhere between 70-90% loss). Jitter also varies between 2-8ms.

I have serious problems holding connections as well when I'm FTP'ing or connecting to Proxies/VPN. It either disconnects initially or will constantly reconnect after failing.

Here's my gateway page:

Can anyone help me out?

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

2 edits

[Connectivity] Re: SGB6580 woes again! (timing-out and packet loss)

Click for full size
Turn off all of this
Turn off the Block Fragmented IP Packets, Port Scan, and IP Flood Detection in the sbg6850 to begin with. Turn the rest off too, if it were me.

Lizardwizard

United State

I don't have any of that enabled or a web filter and don't understand what that has to do with the problems I'm having. :/

train_wreck

join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Lizardwizard

because that unit is a combo modem/router "Gateway", it's harder to test which part of the device is the problem... was this test done wirelessly or wired? and are you getting the same issue across all devices? your signals look ok.

if so, do another factory reset; if it's still having problems after that, sounds like you have a failing gateway.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
SoCal
reply to Lizardwizard

Your early results are commonly seen when being filtered by a firewall in a router, such as the one in your SBG6580. Post the results of a Line Quality test from this site please:

»/pingtest
--
You cannot fix a problem that you refuse to acknowledge.

Lizardwizard

United State

1 edit
reply to train_wreck

It was done on a wired connection, and yes it's been across every device.

@DrDrew »/testhistory/1887221/519c

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
SoCal

That link doesn't work for me

Lizardwizard

United State

Sorry, »/pingtest/6b24···/3218012

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
SoCal

That looks pretty good. Do you have any trace routes out that show a problem?
--
You cannot fix a problem that you refuse to acknowledge.

Lizardwizard

United State

I don't think so, like I said, I have no problems with the many DNS(s) I've tried (only that this problem occurs for all of them) or the destinations I go to. It's only when I open more than a few quickly after one another they all fail to load.

I never had this problem before someone here was able to get my router/modem back online after the factory reset fiasco.