spc
uniqs
Sunfox
join:2003-12-14
Stouffville

Sunfox to Leathal

to Leathal

Re: [TV] These tiny digital to TV boxes

The free box is provided to replicate ONLY what you would've received (and paid for) on a full analog system, and NOT what you pay for digitally. As far as I know there's no technical reason why they couldn't give you all other channels, it's just that Rogers is replacing analog with digital and isn't financially motivated to do more than offer an exact channel-for-channel replacement. For everything else, you'd have to rent a higher-end cable box just like you would've on analog.

Also, the Cisco does output stereo RF audio. Weak in volume (even turned up to max), but stereo at least.

Leathal
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
Richmond Hill, ON

Leathal

Premium Member

said by Sunfox:

The free box is provided to replicate ONLY what you would've received (and paid for) on a full analog system, and NOT what you pay for digitally. As far as I know there's no technical reason why they couldn't give you all other channels, it's just that Rogers is replacing analog with digital and isn't financially motivated to do more than offer an exact channel-for-channel replacement. For everything else, you'd have to rent a higher-end cable box just like you would've on analog.

Also, the Cisco does output stereo RF audio. Weak in volume (even turned up to max), but stereo at least.

It doesn't do stereo for me, I only hear the same one channel across left and right making it mono. It wasn't until I changed the language setting on YTV (which it only works for) that I get stereo left and right channels which suggests that Robers have been messing with the settings.