spc
Search similar:

uniqs
knarfoh
join:2011-06-30
Canal Winchester, OH

knarfoh

[Internet] Time Warner - Insight Communications - Plans to update old equipment

I have no idea how to describe the cable service we have in my area. It was Insight Communications (but now is Time Warner). Anyway, when I first moved here (Violet Township, Canal Winchester mailing address, Waterloo Road NW, Fairfield County, Ohio) I subscribed to Insight. That was 11 years ago.

For lack of a better description, I have always described our cable system as the old analog system. I got very poor picture quality on many channels and it just wasn't worth it for me to keep paying for cable and not get good picture quality. Also, you have to go back 11 years - that is before digital TV and widescreen TV sets.

I did not even have a cable box. The TV tuner was sufficient to receive a picture. If you purchased "premium" channels like HBO, they had some type of filter device that allowed those signals to get through. Anyway, like I said earlier, the picture quality wasn't that great on certain channels and cancelled my subscription.

I originally subscribed to a satellite internet service (Wildblue) and now I am using Clearwire (recently purchased by Sprint).

THERE ARE NO OTHER CABLE/INTERNET OPTIONS AVAILABLE ON MY STREET. U-VERSE is all around my area, but for some reason our street has been completely missed by other cable/internet providers.

How does a person find out if Time Warner has any plans to upgrade their lines that service this area? While this is what is called a "low density" area for residents, I can assure you that anyone who comes out this way with decent cable/internet service will sign up the entire area. People are begging for better service then the old Insight Communication system we currently have as our only choice.