spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Strotti
join:2013-09-24

2 edits

1 recommendation

Strotti

[Install] COMCAST can't add my new Motorola SGB6782-AC PLEASE HELP !

Anyone having issues to get this modem connected with Comcast. We tried now 2 hrs with Comcast Support .. they can see the modem but they can't activate the modem/router. They send us back to Best Buy replacing it with another one .. came back .. same problem .. they can see it on the network via MAC but can't activate. Any quick help is appreciated. Thanks !!!!!!!
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

1 edit

rody_44

Premium Member

Best buy is one of them stores that likes to throw shrink wrap on returns and resell them. The problem with doing that with cable modems is the mac ends up in comcasts data base. It only takes one customer with a signal problem returning 2 or 3 modems before a store has modems that cant be automatically added by normal csrs. Did they offer to escalate it to someone that could? Usually takes 24 to 48 hrs. You can either ask to have it escalated to someone that can do it or go try a third modem. Most likely by the time you return this one your last modem will be sitting on the shelf with brand new shrink wrap making it look like it never went out. Bottom line is once its put in a account normal csrs cant activate it.

Wayne99021
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA

Wayne99021

Premium Member

You are right about Best Buy doing that.
My Grandson bought a SB6141 and had the same problem, took it back and got another one and Comcast couldn't get that online either. He got a refund, went right next door to Staples, picked up the same type modem, went home called Comcast and they had him up and going in 10 minutes.
I know another person who had the same problem with Amazon, so one never knows any more.