spc
Search similar:

uniqs

LAafterhours
@75.80.7.x

LAafterhours

Anon

[Internet] Ubee with same SSID AP

I have a ubee Cable Modem : DOCSIS 3.0 Compliant and Asus RT-N12 which I have used in the past as an AP with the same SSID to extend my network. Every time I try to do this with the ubee, as soon as the SSID is set to the same as the Ubee, the internet traffic comes to a halt. I assume I need to set something on the Ubee that I am not used to setting (used a netgear as the primary router previously).
LAafterhours

LAafterhours

Anon

Sorry but I hit post before I was done. The ubee is linked into a cat 5 networked home so the second router (Asus RT -n12) is wired into the Ubee. I have not enabled bridge mode on the Ubee (not sure where to do that) but that is not something I did on the netgear in the past. When I change the IP on the asus to be outside of the ubee range, there is no problem. As soon as I set the SSID and password to the same as the Ubee, everything stops.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

DocDrew

Premium Member

Are the two devices on different channels? Is the router setup as an access point and passing dhcp from the Ubee?

LAafterhours
@75.80.7.x

LAafterhours

Anon

Two devices are on different channels (5 apart). Second router (asus) is setup as AP (via switch on the back) with an IP of 192.168.0.2 (ubee is 192.168.0.1 and open dynamically assigned range is 192.168.0.3 to 192.168.0.210). Ubee has dchp enabled and asus has it disabled.
keno5net
join:2002-01-05
Milwaukee, WI

keno5net to LAafterhours

to LAafterhours
Is the Asus set up with the Ubee IP as the default route/gateway? That is the only thing that I can think of that hasn't been mentioned yet.