Search similar:

uniqs
jhartnerd123
join:2014-07-23
Canada

1 edit

jhartnerd123

[DSL] Setting up 5 Static IP's through Zyxel P660R PPPoE

Trying to setup new DSL circuit for 5 Static IP's from Teksavvy. Now I've setup 5 static IP's before from a local telco BellAliant with their DSL service and the modem was just put in place, synced and then you connect it to a switch and then to the devices you wish you use your IP's with.

I've not seen PPPoE being used before with 5 Static IP's and was wondering how this is supposed to work.

I was hoping that it would work like this:

DSL line to zyxel (doing pppoe) ----> 8 port switch ----> multiple routers with the IP address info plugged into their WAN settings.

I'm guessing that this isn't how it's gonna work and that i'll need some sort of router/bridge in between the modem and the switch going to the rest of the gear. If so, what is needed to be configured on the router to allow the remainder of the gear to simply have the Static IP's plugged into their WAN settings and be accessible from the outside world??

My IP info I was handed was:

/29: 184.175.xx.xxx / 255.255.255.248

zacron
Premium Member
join:2008-11-26
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

You should obfuscate the last two octets (184.175.xx.xx)...

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds to jhartnerd123

Premium Member

to jhartnerd123
said by jhartnerd123:

. If so, what is needed to be configured on the router to allow the remainder of the gear to simply have the Static IP's plugged into their WAN settings and be accessible from the outside world??

Router that can do routing, not just NAT do the PPPoE login (I discovered a few days ago, some of the Asus consumer models can do this), had a few business-grade (WRV as an example) that can do this,

Set the router to one IP above your /29, give your other hosts whatever static you want them to have with the gateway IP, being the one you just assigned your router
jhartnerd123
join:2014-07-23
Canada

jhartnerd123

Perfect that worked like a charm. So basically the router is now an upstream router tunnelling all the remaining IP's through it to the net.

Thanks

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

You are welcome