spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Andrea
@70.197.235.x

Andrea

Anon

I hate CenturyLink and I can't get out!

I am a very upset customer if you can even call me a customer as I was never able to connect to your services. I canceled my account with in the 30-day trial period due to the lack of connection. It took my 6 days to cancel my account, which is bullsh*t on it's own, but I was told I would receive a zero'd out bill and a box to return the modem. I still haven't received a box to return the modem and I got a bill for $123.
I've tried calling multiple times to take care of this bill and I keep getting the run around and hung up on. That bill has now been sent to a collections agency, which is a huge black mark on my record.
What this company is doing is terrible and illegal.
xthepeoplesx
join:2013-10-21

xthepeoplesx

Andrea, we all feel your pain with CenturyLink's customer service. They really need to do something about it, that is a no brainer. BUT I would keep at it. It may take 20 times, may only take one more, but one thing I have learned with CenturyLink, is it will get fixed, it just takes alot of time and alot of the blame game to get them to finally fix it. Just keep at it. Should you have to do this? NO, but if you want your credit fixed then you will have to keep on it. Also you can go after them for dinging your credit. Again more work, but im sure there are plenty of lawyers who would love to make some money off of them, it is illegal.
TechMike
join:2008-06-09
Denver, CO

TechMike to Andrea

to Andrea
Send an e-mail to TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com to see if they can help.

It's incredibly stupid that a problem such as yours isn't easy and requires you to make the effort to get the issue resolved, but alas, that's how CTL works.

Andrea
@216.17.33.x

Andrea

Anon

Thanks for the advice. I Facebooked Centurylink -apparently it's the only way to speak to someone directly, thank you Centurylink PR for your communications skills - and they told me about the Talk To Us account, which is very helpful.

On the other hand, I spoke with a lawyer and after looking at reviews on Yelp it's clear I'm not the only one with this issue and that it would be very easy to start or join a class action lawsuit. He also suggested I speak with Better Business Bureau.

That being said, I believe Centurylink is aware of the issue and I hope I'm not speaking too soon by saying the situation has been handled, and that no further action is required on my part. However, if this is happening to anyone else, I would highly suggest speaking to a lawyer and reporting the company to the BBB.