Search similar:

uniqs

yupyupyup
@84.111.126.x

yupyupyup

Anon

spesific router-computer wifi connectivity issue

Hi,
I have a edimax router that has been fine for years. I am using an IBM T60 running on win7 32bit.
for some reason specific sites such as gmail and facebook don't load/load really slowly, less trafficked sites load pretty well but also not always.
Router works fine on other laptops and my laptop works fine connecting to my cell wifi hotspot so it is something in the interaction. It is also beyond browsers I tried mozilla and chrome.
I tried clearing all history etc, resetting firefox, returning to defaults on router, static IP for the laptop, changing my laptops name and more.

Any suggestions will be well appreciated!
Thanks a lot!
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

- does a wireless device connected to the edimax have the same problem at the same time with the same pages as the T60?

- does a wired device connected to the edimax have the same problem at the same time with the same pages as the T60?

If no, then doesn't sound like an issue with wireless or the edimax, and I'd start looking further upstream or further up the OSI stack.
A call to your ISP would help with the first. A deeper understanding of networking will help you with the latter.

My 00000010bits

Regards

yupyupyup
@84.111.126.x

yupyupyup

Anon

Seems to have resolved itself, I must have done something right. But the answer to your questions, it was only this computer no other.
If it comes back, I'll write back

Thanks!
Ole Juul
join:2013-04-27
Princeton, BC

Ole Juul to yupyupyup

to yupyupyup
said by yupyupyup :

specific sites such as gmail and facebook don't load/load really slowly

I'd look at what those sites have in common and not some random piece of hardware. My first thoughts for these sorts of slowdowns is usually adobe or tracking.