All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
BilalPC
join:2014-07-29
Iraq

BilalPC

[Wireless] please help me in link sys???

Hello every one
I need to help
I want to be stopping download to the router in the cafeteria
some people connected to the internet by this router
I want to stopping download in this router
because my internet very slow

my router whose name is ( Wireless-G 2.4 GHz 54 Mbps Broadband Router Link Sys )
such as this picture

if you help me
I thanks for you and thanks for all members in the forums

Ken1943
join:2001-12-30
Brighton, CO

Ken1943

You need a password

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer to BilalPC

Premium Member

to BilalPC
As was said, you need to put a password in so that others cannot access your router. You do that on the configuration page of the router.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to BilalPC

Premium Member

to BilalPC
As others have said, you need to use a password (called a shared key) to protect the wireless access. Shown below is a screen capture image of where you need to do this in the router's admin web pages (depending on the exact model of your router, this page may look slightly different, but you should be able to find this page and setup wireless security):

And of course, if you are using wireless access yourself, you will need to configure your wireless clients to use the same wireless security method and password (the shared key). If you aren't actually using wireless access yourself (if all of your connections are with Ethernet cables), then you can just disable the wireless radio as shown in the screen capture image below:

planet
join:2001-11-05
Oz

planet

You can access the above screens by opening your browser and typing 192.168.1.1 into the address bar. It will ask you for user name and password. Leave the user name blank and the default password for a linksys router is admin. This will open the above sceens that NetFixer shows.
Ivywei
join:2014-09-17

1 recommendation

Ivywei to BilalPC

to BilalPC
Set a password, others can not connect to your router.