Search similar:

uniqs

Samir
join:2010-02-06
Madison, AL

Samir to bdnhsv

to bdnhsv

Re: 1-5% Packet Loss

If they didn't have the newer upload speeds that are exactly what we need, and my past experience with Knology service being pretty solid once problems like this are sorted, I would have been history right now. It's utterly shocking that business class service doesn't work close to spec over 1 month after the install date. I would never have imagined this situation to drag on this long.
Samir

Samir to rustybx

to rustybx
Neither one has responded. I'm actually pretty surprised too.
Samir

Samir

Update.

Just got the bill. Bill was wrong, billing out at almost 5x residential service. It was supposed to be just over 3x.

And then there's the service issue. I think it is a reasonable request to not be charged at all for this month since the service promised has not been delivered. I called the billing department and they offered a 30% discount. This is ridiculous to the point of insulting.

I've talked to our initial sales agent and he's been communicating with the service departments. I've told him that if the billing department will give us a 100% credit for this month, I can maybe stomach the pain a little longer for them to get the service working.

Let's see what happens.

bdnhsv
join:2012-01-20
Huntsville, AL

bdnhsv

Good luck. You might want to start shopping for another provider as I don't see the upper management there providing a 100% credit, and their network can't reliably deliver the bandwidth they have sold you.

Samir
Madison, AL

Samir

Yep, already done. I drove 12hrs to the site (24hrs round trip) to meet Charter for the install. 60/4 without any packet loss. 4Mbps is slower than the 5Mbps that we had on the wow residential plan, and nowhere near the 15Mbps that the wow plan we are on should have.

This is really just a temporary line until wow gets this fixed as we really need the 15Mbps upload. But if wow doesn't fix it before it becomes a non-payment disconnect, I guess that's the end of our relationship with wow. I gave them enough time and was very reasonable.

I just ran dslreports own line quality/ping test and it came back with 7% loss. It also pointed out 31.7% and 73.3% losses on tester1 and tester5, respectively.
Samir

Samir

And the saga continues...

Even after converting service from a residential customer to business, it seems that they were not only billing me as a residential customer while simultaneously billing on the business side, but also taking payments and charging for technician visits (technicians that never solved the issue).

We disconnected completely a few weeks back after charter brought in a line that was working perfect from day one. I thought I was done with this nightmare, but it looks like I've got another battle to get my money back for illegitimate charges and debits from my account.

bdnhsv
join:2012-01-20
Huntsville, AL

bdnhsv

Sorry to hear all that Samir. Have you spoken to anyone at WOW yet to see how cooperative they are going to be?

Samir
Madison, AL

Samir

I actually typed that while I was on the phone with them. We'll see what happens when their billing supervisor contacts me. I'll keep this thread updated as an example of how badly wow can treat their customers, even long time ones.